Rear Axle Steering Market Outlook 2030 -
Automotive active rear axle steering systems are steerable rear axle systems with either single or dual actuator. The wheels are steered in a particular angle and direction in accordance with the turning angle of the steering wheel with speed as a function. There are three basic sorts of power-assisted steering systems found in vehicles: the hydraulic power-assisted steering (HPS), the electrical power hydraulic steering (EPHS), and therefore the fully electrical power steering (EPS). Typically, the facility steering mechanism has been hydraulic, but electrical power steering systems are getting increasingly more common. electrical power steering systems contains additional components including various sensors, wires, actuators, motors, and electronic control unit.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Product type, Application, Sales channel and Region
North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, U.K, France, Russia and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea and rest of Asia-Pacific), LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East and Africa)
BMW AG, Mitsubishi Motors, Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A, Mazda Motor Corporation, Porsche AG, Toyota Motors, Ferrari S.p.A., Honda Motor Company, Ltd., Groupe Renault, Robert Bosch GmbH, ThyssenKrupp AG, Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd., ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The COVID-19 outbreak has disrupted the automotive industry on a large scale. It has led to the suspension of manufacturing facilities and a fall in the volume of sales. The pandemic has impacted both established OEMs as well as Tier 1 and Tier 2 component suppliers for steering systems. Major OEMs, like Toyota, Ford, and General Motors, recorded a decline in production thanks to plant closures caused by the pandemic. This decline, as expected, will affect the rear axle steering industry adversely, as the vehicle production is directly proportionate to the rear axle steering industry. The budget allocation for R&D is likely to be less, which will hamper the innovation of automotive rear axle steering. However, companies are taking preventive measures to tackle the adverse effects of the outbreak.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in demand for safety of vehicle passengers as per government mandates, rising penetration of electric vehicles and high demand for pickups and SUVs are driving the global rear axle steering market.
- Limited load-bearing capacity of EPS system and high maintenance cost is anticipated to hamper the global rear axle steering market.
- Use of EPS systems in commercial vehicles can act as a bright opportunity in the future as it is fuel -efficient and more reliable than HPS systems.
Electric Rear Axle System
German organization ZF Friedrichshafen AG, using its module Vision Zero idea vehicle to grandstand a few additional securities and zero nearby outflows innovations. The vehicle includes a 150-kilowatt electric hub drive framework for the dynamic speed increase. The whole impetus framework, including the organized force gadgets, is housed in a space-saving measured ZF back hub framework called mSTARS (secluded semi-following arm back suspension). This modular axle system makes it easier to affect volume production vehicle platforms. The system offers vehicle manufacturers the opportunity to respond to a diverse range of market requirements using just one car platform variant. The Vision Zero Vehicle is built on a volume production platform for compact and mid-size cars. The plan opens up establishment space between the back tires because of its unique fundamental connection plan and separate spring damper setup. This implies that ZF's electric drive fits easily into the mSTARS framework pivot transporter. The mSTARS axle also features a high level of driving dynamics and safety, delivering the performance of costlier, conventional multi-link axles typically used for compact premium and sports vehicles. ZF’s AKC active rear-axle steering mechanism, combined with any modular axle configuration, improves agility, comfort, and stability.
Key segments covered:
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the rear axle steering industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of rear axle steering market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the rear axle steering market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed rear axle steering market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the rear axle steering market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the rear axle steering market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the rear axle steering market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Rear Axle Steering Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Vehicle Type
By System Type
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
Cataler Corporation, Continental, Nexteer Automotive, Pacific West, ZF Friedrichshafen, Dana Corporation, GKN, Bosch, Delphi Automotive, servicomfort