Lithium ion polymer battery is a rechargeable battery consisting of lithium-ion technology in a pouch format. The lithium ions convert negative electrodes to positive electrodeswhen the battery is being used and vice-versa when the battery is being charged. The batteries are lightweight because of the package or pouch format. They are primarily used in consumer electronics goods which include electric vehicles, hybrid electric vehicles, laptops and digital cameras. The compact size of the battery and its efficiency as compared to conventional counterparts has led to an increase in the product’s demand and market penetration. Lithium metal is inherently unstable during charging;this has shifted research focus from metal to non-metallic lithium ions. The energy efficiency of the non-metallic lithium ion is twice that of cadmium-nickel. The biggest advantage of using lithium ion batteries is its low maintenance when compared to other chemistries. The self discharge is less than half as compared to nickel cadmium batteries.The lithium-ion cells can be either a cylindrical battery or a prismatic kind of battery. Electric vehicles using these batteries have gained attention because of the need for energy efficiency and environmentally friendly products. Consumers’growing inclination towards these batteries and the increasing sales of lithium battery vehicles is expected to drive the global batteries market. Kodak recently launched a product titled Promaster PLI-12B, which is a lightweight battery with a capacity of 1300 mAh.
On account of growing awareness regarding the efficiency of energy,the key regional markets for rechargeable poly lithium ion batteries are North America and Europe. The key companies operating in the market include Sony, Sanyo, Maxell, Olympus, Motorola, Nippon Chemicals, Kodak, Nikon and Fujifilm.
- This report offers the following benefits in particular:
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the Poly Lithium-Ion Batteries Market
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the Poly Lithium-Ion Batteries Marketand would assist market strategists in their decision-making process
- In-depth coverage of the Lithium-Ion Batteries market including drivers, restraints and opportunities would help professionals to better understand market behavior
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships and acquisitions in the battery market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
Rechargeable Poly Lithium-Ion Batteries Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
LG Chem Ltd, Sony Corporation, A123 Systems LLC, Panasonic Corporation, Johnson Controls Inc., EnerDel Inc., Samsung SDI Co. Ltd, Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd, ATL (Advanced Technology & Laboratories), Valence Technology Inc.