Recordable Optical Disc Market Outlook - 2027
Recordable optical disc is an electronic data storage medium that are commonly used for data storage and retrieval process. They can be read and written-to using a low powered laser beam. It is designed in such a way that it supports recordable, read only and re-recordable recording types. They provide efficient results in comparison to the traditional floppy disks and magnetic tapes. It is capable to hold much more data than magnetic storage media. The data stored in the discs is unaffected to most environmental threats like magnetic disturbances and others and these discs are also cost effective to manufacture. Thus, they find their applications in end uses such as education institutes, media & entertainment industries, manufacturing, healthcare and others. The global recordable optical disc market size is experiencing a significant growth, and will grow considerably in next few years.
The global recordable optical disc market is segmented on the basis of Recording Modes, Disc Types, Capacity, End User, and Region. Based on Recording Modes, the recordable optical disc market is divided into Disc at Once (DAO), Session at Once (SAO), Track at Once (TAO), and Packet Writing, and others. On the basis of Disc Types, the market is categorized into DVD’s, CD’s, Blu-ray Discs, and others. On the basis of Capacity into Less than 5GB storage, 5 GB to 10 GB storage, and Higher than 10 GB Storage. On the basis of End Users into Education Institutes, Media & Entertainment Industries, Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Others Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global recordable optical disc industry include Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, Sony Corporation, Moser Baer India, Samsung electronics Co., Falcon Technologies International LLC, Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd., Hitachi Maxwell Ltd., and Others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The global recordable optical disc market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The global factories have struggled to manufacture recordable optical discs in this COVID-19 pandemic and have also struggled in developing or improving the current recordable optical discs due to lack of workforce.
- The supply chain has been disrupted and this market will be less impacted compared to many other markets because even in this COVID-19 situation
- So, during the meantime, this would be an opportunity for the companies to research and improve their products.
Top impacting factors: Recordable Optical Disc Market Trends, Scenario Analysis, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The major drivers for the growth of the recordable optical disc market include increase in demand for archived solutions and the advancements in the optical disc. Also, the media and entertainment industry and evolution of halographic data storage technologies have further led to the growth of the recordable optical disc market. But, rise in trend of IoT and increasing adoption of cloud based data storage services may hinder the market growth. However, the 3D optical recordable storage disc, which is the emerging optical disc storage technology is expected to drive the market further.
New product launches to flourish the recordable optical disc market
The launch of new products that contain improved capabilities have been launched by leading market players. They have taken necessary steps to improve the performance of devices and overall functionality as well. Blu-ray recordable discs attracted major demand from the market in the previous decade. The dual layer recordable and the recordable discs were majorly provided by Blu-ray Media. The demand from the market helped the company to become an established player.
Surge in usage in Education & Research institutes
Scientists believe and consider that the most energy efficient way to store digital data is by using optical data storage. The ability to retrieve the digital data and the use of low power laser beams in recordable optical disc have led to its market growth. The rise of innovative computing technologies, time invested on studying concentric patterns meant for storing data on optical discs by researchers and students has led to the surge in the usage of recordable optical disc in the education & research institutes.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global recordable optical disc industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global recordable optical disc market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global recordable optical disc market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global recordable optical disc market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Recordable Optical Disc Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the recordable optical disc market forecast?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Recordable Optical Disc Market Report Highlights
By Recording Modes
By End users
Key Market Players
TDK, Optodisc, Memorex, Philips, Panasonic, Pioneer, Sony, Samsung, Maxell, Verbatim