Refinery catalysts are provided across petroleum refineries to help refiners meet fuel standards, manage operational efficiency, enhance yield and conversion, without affecting the environment. Refiners often face problems, such as heat balance effect (especially in shale oil), configuration imbalance, and presence of contaminant metals in processing tight oil (liquid crude oil). Therefore, refinery catalysts provide provisions for metals tolerance, while achieving maximum conversion and selectivity on light feeds and optimum butylene selectivity. In addition, refiners employ new catalyst technologies to maximize the value present in tight oil (liquid crude oil) feedstocks.
This report projects the trends and opportunities of the global refinery catalyst market. This research study includes a qualitative & quantitative analysis with comprehensive research methodologies and reliable projections to understand the present overview toward the market growth and predict the market behavior during the forecast period.
Zeolites are extensively used refinery materials, owing to their characteristics to provide microporosity and adjustable acidity, thus making it ideal for petrochemical applications. In addition, these are widely used in processes, such as olefin dealkylation, naphtha isomerization, reforming, hydrocracking, and cracking. Moreover, fluid catalytic cracking is a type of secondary unit operation used in producing additional gasoline in the refining process. Owing to soaring diesel and gasoline consumption as the primary transportation fuel are expected to boost the refinery catalyst demand during the forecast period. Stringent government regulations related to Ultra-Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) and strict emission standards among developed regions, such as the U.S. and Canada, are anticipated to drive the global refinery catalyst market demand in the petroleum refining sector. Furthermore, availability of alternate fuels, such as biofuels, and adoption of Go Green and emission standards raised by multiple nations are expected to hamper the market growth.
The global refinery catalyst market is segmented based on catalyst material, type, and geography. Based on catalyst material, it is classified into zeolites, metals, and chemical compounds. Based on type, it is categorized into fluid catalytic cracking catalyst, hydrotreating catalyst, hydrocracking catalyst, alkylation catalyst, reforming catalyst, others (isomerization catalyst and enzyme-based catalyst). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players in this sector include Honeywell International Inc, Axens S.A., Haldor Topsoe A/S, Albemarle Corporation, W.R. Grace and Co., Clariant AG, China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation, BASF SE, Axens S.A., and Johnson Matthey PLC.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics through 2016-2023, which is expected to assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise refinery catalyst market conditions have been comprehensively analyzed in the report.
- Key players of the refinery catalyst market have been listed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of segmentation of the refinery catalyst market within the market has been provided, which is expected to assist in the prevailing market opportunities.
Refinery Catalyst Market Key Segments
By Catalyst Material
- Chemical Compounds
- Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) Catalyst
- Hydrotreating Catalysts
- Hydrocracking Catalyst
- Alkylation Catalyst
- Reforming Catalyst
- Others (Isomerization Catalyst and Enzyme-based Catalyst)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA