Purchasing refurbished medical equipment is becoming an attractive option for most of the hospitals and diagnostic centers. Now-a-days most of the diagnostic, therapeutic, and patient monitoring medical equipment such as AEDs, defibrillators, ECGs, vital sign monitors, pulse oximeters, spirometers, ventilators, IV pumps, and respiratory devices can be acquired as refurbished equipment at a reduced cost.
The global refurbished equipment market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to a large patient population base suffering from chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases worldwide and an increasing demand for low-cost medical devices due to budget constraints in developing nations. In addition, the factors such as an increasing number of private hospitals which purchase refurbished devices due to budget constraints, unfavorable reimbursement scenarios for various medical treatments, and increasing initiatives taken by the leading medical device manufacturers to establish refurbished facilities in developed and developing countries have fueled the demand for refurbished equipment. However, reluctance to purchase refurbished medical devices due to the lack of awareness about the benefits of these devices and lack of standardization of policies related to the sale and use of refurbished medical devices hamper the market growth.
The refurbished equipment market is segmented based on type and region. Based on product type, the market is divided into operating room equipment & surgical equipment, patient monitors, defibrillators, medical imaging equipment, cardiovascular & cardiology equipment, x-ray machines, neurology equipment, endoscopy equipment, intensive care systems, neonatal intensive care systems, IV therapy systems, and other equipment. The market is analyzed based on four geographical regions, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the refurbished equipment market includes Agito Medical A/S, Block Imaging, DRE Medical, Inc., Everx Pvt Ltd., General Electric Company, Integrity Medical Systems, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Radiology Oncology Systems, Inc., Siemens AG, and Soma Technology.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global refurbished medical equipment market.
- Comprehensive analysis of geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in the global market.
- This study provides the competitive landscape of the global market to predict the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise digital refurbished equipment market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report to understand the regional trends and dynamics.
Refurbished Medical Equipment Market Key Segments
- Operating Room Equipment & Surgical Equipment
- Anesthesia Machines
- Agent and CO2 Monitors
- Electrosurgical Units
- Patient Monitors
- Pulse Oximeters
- Multiparameter Monitors
- Noninvasive Blood Pressure Monitors
- Electrocardiography Devices (ECG)
- AED Defibrillators
- Other Defibrillators (Manual, Biphasic, and Monophasic)
- Medical Imaging Equipment
- X-ray Machines
- Ultrasound Systems
- MRI Machines
- CT Scanners
- Nuclear Medicine Systems (PET, SPECT, and PET/CT)
- Cardiovascular & Cardiology Equipment X-ray Machines
- Heart-Lung Machines
- Coagulation Analyzers
- Neurology Equipment
- EEG Machines
- EMG Machines
- Endoscopy Equipment
- Intensive Care Units
- Hardwire Systems
- Telemetry Systems
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units
- IV Therapy Systems
- Other Equipment
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA