Release coatings are silicone-based chemicals applied in the form of coatings to paper and plastic substances. These release coatings perform the function of a release agent, allowing adhesive to release earlier. The mechanism of releasing the adhesive liner is an extremely complex dynamic process assumed to be based on adhesion, interfacial energy, surface topography, and rheology. Silicon is the key component in these coatings owing to its improved adhesion and resistance to slip, moisture, and abrasion. These substances are commonly used in labels, peel-of-stickers, and on papers in industrial processes.
Increased application and demand from sectors such as labels, hygiene, and food & bakery, growth in demand for water-based coatings and emergence of digital label printing technology are the main market drivers. However, high degree of customization required for varied applications and failure of silicon adhesives under certain conditions might hinder market growth. Development and manufacture of polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS)-based release coatings provides an excellent opportunity to this market.
The report segments the release coatings market on the basis formulation, material, application, and geography. Based on formulation, it is classified into solvent-based, oil emulsion, and water-based. Based on material, it is bifurcated into silicone and non-silicone. Based on application, it is divided into tapes, industrial, labels, hygiene, medical, and food & bakery. Based on geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
This report provides comprehensive competitive analysis of major market players, which include Hitac Adhesives and Coatings Inc, Mayzo Inc, DOW Chemical Company, Shin-Etsu Chemical Company Ltd, Wacker Chemie AG, Para Tech Coating, Evonik Industries AG, PareRayven Inc, Product Release Europe Ltd, and Omnova Solutions Inc.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the release coatings market.
- In-depth analysis of the market size is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2016 and 2023 are provided.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of release coatings) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- Industry analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Release Coatings Market Key Segmentation
- Oil Emulsion
- Food & Bakery
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
*Other players in the value chain, include
- Globus International
- Lintec Global Corp.
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."