There is an increase in demand for reporter gene assay in the recent years due to innovations made in the molecular biology field. The reporter gene has its applications in the culturing of cells and also it plays important part in impact of reporter gene assay. Gene assay consists of the attachment of genes to the regulatory sequences of another genes.
These genes are present in plant, animals and bacteria. Reporter genes assists in the recognition that either a gene has expression or not in the organisms. Demand for flawless working of industry in gene sequencing is driving the market growth. Reporter genes are also used as markers in the screening of transfected cells, for research in gene expression regulation, etc.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunity for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are short of these drugs. Owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future. Considering these factors, Covid -19 is expected to have significant impact on Reporter Gene Assay Market.
Top Impacting factors:
- The reporter gene assay market is expected to grow in the forecast period due to factors such as increase in the advancements made, also surge in funds for cell based research work, increase in preference for cell-based assays and rise in applications of expression in genes are driving the growth of the market.
- Structural and functional analysis & cell signaling pathways are boosting the market growth.
- The research and study about the various genetic disorders in humans and animals is done with the use of reporter gene assay. Requirement for selectable markers in gene therapy studies is expected to drive the market growth
- The probability of usage of reporter gene assay in DNA construction has also risen in recent years.
- Factors such as expensive research cost in cell biology, scarcity of skilled scientists and lack of advanced infrastructure in developing countries, also less awareness among people are restraining the growth of reporter gene assay market
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Reporter Gene Assay Market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Reporter Gene Assay Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Reporter Gene Assay Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Reporter Gene Assay Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Reporter Gene Assay Market Report:
- What are the leading market players active in Reporter Gene Assay Market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What Segments and region will drive the market growth & why?
- Which are the most commonly used reporter gene assays kits?
Reporter Gene Assay Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Merck KGaA, Danaher Corporation, Promega Corporation., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Becton-Dickinson and Company, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Abcam plc, PerkinElmer