According to the World Health Organization (WHO), respiratory infectious diseases are the third leading cause of death and result in over all three million deaths per year across the world. These diseases include pneumonia, bronchitis, sinus infections, laryngitis, and others. During the diagnostics of respiratory diseases, doctor mainly focuses on breathing issues and X-ray or CT scan to check the lower respiratory tract. Sometimes, fluid and inflammation in the lungs is also checked.
Rise in prevalence of respiratory diseases, growth in adoption of advanced molecular techniques, increase in geriatric population, and initiatives taken by government and non-profile organization to minimize the incidence of infectious diseases drive the market. However, factors such as lack of awareness about diagnostic solution and high cost of laboratory testing restrain the market growth. Further, development of cost effective tools for the infectious disease diagnosis and growth in concern about the disease in low-income countries provide lucrative opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The respiratory infectious disease diagnostics market is segmented based on test type, disease type, end user, and region. Based on test type, it is categorized into mechanical tests, imaging tests, and in vitro diagnostics (IVD) tests. Mechanical tests are further segmented into spirometry, peak flow test, blood gas test, pulmonary function test, and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) diagnostic test. In vitro diagnostics (IVD) tests are further divided into point-of-care (POC) test, molecular diagnostic test, and other tests. On the basis of disease type, the market is classified into asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, lung cancer, tuberculosis, and other diseases. On the basis of end user, the market is divided into hospital, clinical laboratories, physician offices, and other end users. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Abbott Laboratories, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Alere, Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Cardinal Health, COSMED, Smiths Group plc, NIHON KOHDEN CORPORATION, Becton, Dickinson and Company, and F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global respiratory infectious disease diagnostics market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of the global respiratory infectious disease diagnostics market.
Respiratory Infectious Disease Diagnostics Market Key Segments:
By Test Type
- Mechanical tests
- Peak Flow Test
- Blood Gas Test
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) Diagnostic Test
- Imaging Tests
- In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Tests
- Point-of-Care (POC) Test
- Molecular Diagnostic Test
- Other Tests
By Disease Type
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Other Diseases
By End User
- Clinical Laboratories
- Physician Offices
- Other End Users
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA