An electrocardiogram (ECG) is a non-invasive medical test that provides a graphical record of the voltage versus time by recording the electrical signals associated with cardiac activity for some time. They are used to determine a patient’s response to drug therapy, reveal changes in heart function, and diagnose and assist in the treatment of heart disease. ECG devices present a different aspect of the heart’s electrical activity by producing ECG waveforms. Electrocardiographs record small voltages of about one mill volt between electrodes; these small variations directly correspond to the heart’s electrical activity. The rise in number of collaborations among key players for the development and manufacturing of the innovative ECG devices propel the growth of the ECG devices market across the globe.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the resting electrocardiogram market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in cases of cardiovascular diseases, surge in geriatric populations, rise in demand for advanced equipment, favorable government regulations are factors that drive the growth of the resting electrocardiogram market.
- In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure; availability of skilled professionals; partnerships & collaborations between key players to facilitate the launch of novel equipment in the market; rise in R&D activities; and technological advancements are factors, which boost the market growth for the resting electrocardiogram.
- However, lack of knowledge for proper handling of the device as well as complications associated with it, high cost of advanced ECG, unfavorable reimbursement policies, and saturation of market may hinder the market growth.
- Contrarily, an increase in focus toward acquisitions, mergers, and product launches presents new pathways in the industry.
Resting Electrocardiogram Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In January 2020, HeartSciences has been developing a new type of ECG system MyoVista. This is designed to be a low-cost electrocardiographic testing system to provide physicians with new information to improve patient risk-assessment related to heart disease. The company announced submission of MyoVista technology seeking market clearance from the U.S. FDA.
On April 2021, EDAN Instruments, Inc., one of the top ECG exporters in China, held its global launch event of the new generation 12-channel electrocardiograph SE-1202. It can be helpful to clinical practices. The high sampling frequency of SE-1202 can grab the signal and reflect it on the wave forms.
In November 2020, AliveCor's next generation of interpretive AI-based personal electrocardiogram (ECG) algorithms received FDA approval for its Kardia device to detect atrial fibrillation and a wide range of cardiac conditions.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the resting electrocardiogram industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the resting electrocardiogram market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the resting electrocardiogram market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed resting electrocardiogram market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the resting electrocardiogram Report
- Which are the leading players active in the resting electrocardiogram market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the resting electrocardiogram market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the resting electrocardiogram market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Resting electrocardiogram"?
- What is "Resting electrocardiogram" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Resting electrocardiogram" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Resting electrocardiogram" Market report?
Resting Electrocardiogram Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Mortara Instrument, OSI Systems Fukuda Denshi Co, Opto Circuits Limited, Nihon Kohden Corporation, Royal Philips Healthcare, Johnson and Johnson, Schiller AG, Mindray Medical International Limited, GE Healthcare, Medtronic