The retail clinic is a treatment site that delivers services and medicines from a qualified provider outside of the traditional office or emergency department. Retail clinics do not have observation beds and are based on walk-in services. The major advantage of these types of clinics is that appointment is not required for getting medical treatment.
The primary factor that contributes to the treatment decisions of the patient is the convenient and preventive health screenings such as blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, and skin cancer analysis. They are also an ideal form to solve acute health problems such as flu, ear infection, sinus infection, urinary tract infection, ringworm, and many other issues that are easy to diagnose and treat. Retail clinics are generally located in malls, shopping plazas, and stores. These clinics are usually open in evenings and weekends so that the working people can easily take the treatment.
Impact of COVID-19 on Retail Clinics Market:
- The ongoing pandemic has affected many businesses and markets, some markets faced losses whereas some markets took this pandemic as an opportunity for growth. The COVID-19 is like a kick-starter for the retail clinics market. The market growth of the product during the pandemic is due to the shorter waiting times, easier access, and lower costs for patients which are resulting in higher demand for the service, and it will also help to boost the global retail clinical market. According to the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, currently, 2,000 retail clinics operate in the U.S.
- The COVID-19 has led to the decline in the market, during the pandemic malls and stores were closed which led to a dip in the market growth as the retail clinics are located mostly in malls and stores. The COVID-19 has also impacted the number of consumers in malls, as well as the restriction on the gathering of people, which has affected the market growth.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
- The retail clinics market has been growing because of the convenient way of getting treatment. The market has been growing because of the approval of the Joint Commission Gold Seal which marks as a symbol for quality healthcare services.
- The increase in the growth of retail clinics has paved a way for easier treatments, diagnostics, and vaccines, especially for the people who are traveling as they can easily get the medical treatment without any appointments. The factors such as an increase in the number of retail clinics at a lower cost for treatment, easy accessibility, and flexibility with short waiting time. High competition has boosted the growth of the retail clinics market. Retail clinics not only provide treatments, medicines, and vaccines but also medical laboratory tests and diagnostics.
- With the increase in the demand for healthcare services, retail clinics are in huge demand as it is a cost-efficient and convenient way of getting treatment. Also, factors such as unavailability of doctors, high cost of healthcare, and big companies involved in retail clinics provide opportunities for market growth.
- The factors such as single treatment for minor or simple infections, inadequate infrastructures, and disinclination for the treatment in retail clinics are the factors that hinder the growth potential of the market.
- North America has the largest share in the retail clinics market to date, this is because of the preference of the retail clinic as they are a highly efficient and cost-effective market. Whereas Europe is continuously growing which is due to the growing emphasis on preventive care and direct hospitalization.
- Walmart and Sam’s Club administered Walk-Up COVID-19 vaccines at 5,100+ pharmacies nationwide on May 4, 2021.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the retail clinics market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the retail clinic's market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the retail clinics market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed retail clinics market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Retail Clinic Report:
- Who are the leading players active in the retail clinics market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are "retail clinics"?
- What is "retail clinics” market prediction in the future?
Retail Clinics Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
Walmart Inc., The Kroger Co.,, NextCare Holdings, Inc., Doctors Care., Walgreen Co.,, Bellin Health Systems, Concentra, Inc, Rite Aid Corp., MedExpress., CVS Health.