Safety syringes are syringes developed with a safety mechanism to prevent needle stick and other injuries. The needle on a safety syringe can be detachable or permanently attached. The emphasis on preventing the re-use of syringes by safety bodies and governments has raised the demand for safety syringes. Syringes with retractable needles and syringes with protective shields are safety syringes widely used in hospitals. Retractable needle safety syringes are predominantly accepted over conventional syringes and thus possess substantial potential for growth. According to the World Health Organization, more than 3.1 million people die every year due to unsafe injection practices. The increasing number of syringe needlestick injuries, disposal of non-sterile syringes and sharing, and unsafe injection practices are the major factors influencing the growth of this market. Revolutions Medical, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Axel Bio Corporation and Medicina are the major players in this market.
The retractable safety syringe market has been segmented on the basis of type and geography. On the basis of type, the market is categorized into Manual and Automatic retractable safety syringes. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-pacific and LAMEA.
- The report throws light on the dominant current trends. Based on the analysis of trends, revenues are forecast from 2013-2020
- Analysis of key strategies adopted by market players would assist in providing an in-depth understanding of market intelligence
- Analysis of trends in various regions would help companies to plan their strategies depending on the region
- Drivers and opportunities are evaluated to highlight the top factors responsible for market growth. Various segments are carefully evaluated to gauge the potential of the market
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis provides an insight into market dynamics and industry competition
- Key Market Segments
Market By Type
- Manual Retractable Safety Syringes
- Automatic Retractable Safety Syringe
Market By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific