the products from one place to another. Corrugated boxes, intermodal Freight containers, wooden boxes, crates, intermediate bulk shipping containers, bulk box, drums, and insulated containers are broad categories of shipping boxes. Reusable shipping boxes indicate the shipping boxes which have slightly different physical properties from the typical shipping containers, manufactured from durable material and can be used multiple times with an extended life. The raw material used to construct the reusable shipping boxes typically is steel, wood, plastic, metal, wire, polypropylene, and others. The reusable shipping boxes are mainly used in the food & beverage industry, automotive industry, cabinetry, material handling, agriculture, disaster relief, pharmaceutical, appliance, electronics, e-commerce, military, others. The surge in e-commerce has led to the increase of shipping boxes in almost each part of world; therefore the trend of sustainable and reusable delivery packaging has been upgraded.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The lockdown scenario caused due to the pandemic has led to loss in the reusable shipping boxes market. As the corona virus is expected to spread from the surface contact, the reusable packaging is creating a fear of contamination in the minds of customers.
- The sales and revenue of reusable packaging boxes has slowed down. The e-commerce platforms are still using the reusable packaging material but it is likely to be affected in post COVID-19 scenario.
- The demand for single use packaging has increased due to the pandemic.
- The businesses such as Loop and Splosh have decided to cancel the reusable packaging schemes. Therefore, the spread of corona virus has impacted the reusable packaging industry.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Demand for the reusable shipping boxes has increased in the recent times due to the affordability and cost saving feature. The various industries have shifted to use the reusable packaging material to save their transportation cost and reduce the replacement cost. The increase in the awareness of environment safety, decrease in use of plastic, innovation in the chemical and physical properties of packaging material, government initiatives, saving the transportation and replacement cost, improvement in supply chain, affordability of the product, upcoming reuse models, returnable packaging from residential use, reduction of waste, and environmental impact are the major factors that drive the growth of the global reusable shipping boxes market. However, the cost of processing and manufacturing the reusable boxes, limited raw material options, wear and tear of the boxes, contamination chance of the packaging material, and availability of substitute products hinder the market growth. Whereas, investments in smarter packaging solutions, economically viable system, improvement in tensile strength of the reusable boxes, reducing environmental pollution along with the safety of the product, and introduction of reusable schemes both for commercial and residential use present new opportunities for the growth of the reusable shipping boxes market.
The global reusable shipping boxes market trends are as follows:
Reducing harmful impact on environment
The packaging material such as low density polymers and high density polymers usually take 20 to 450 years for decomposing causing ill effect to the environment. Cardboard packaging is made up of wood and several trees have to be cut down for manufacturing the packaging material. Increase in innovation and development in technology lead to many reforms in the packaging industry. The leading industries are inclined toward optimizing the packaging efficiency along with supply chain profitability. The primary, secondary, and tertiary packagings are recreated by the use of technology so that it can maintain the required quality of the product and can be reused again as well.
New trends in the reusable packaging
The reusable packaging was popular for the commercial use but as the customer awareness has increased and the contribution for minimal waste has been in trend the reusable packaging material has also been adopted for the residential use. The key players such as Returnity, LimeLoop, RePack have developed returnable mailers, which include increased durability mailers, water- resistance pouches, envelopes, and soft folding boxes. As the package is delivered to the customer, the main problem comes in disposing the waste; therefore as a solution to this problem a customer can return back the packaging material to the supplier.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global reusable shipping boxes industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global reusable shipping boxes market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global reusable shipping boxes market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global reusable shipping boxes market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the reusable shipping boxes market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the reusable shipping boxes market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Reusable Shipping Boxes Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
BungoBox., Amatech, Salazar, Returnity, International Paper, RePack, Crown HoldingsAmcor, Temple- Inland, Rentacrate enterprises, Reuse- Rethinking Packaging, LimeLoop, Liviri, TerraCycle