Reverse osmosis (RO) membrane is a material with tiny pores that excludes dissolved salts and molecules from sea or brackish water. RO is the most economical and practical way for purification & treatment of water. The RO membrane is delicate and expensive, hence needs protection. Since its discovery, there has been progressive improvement in the membranes and development of means for packaging them. As a result, present day RO plants are compact & simple to operate, and there is no phase change required.
Asia-Pacific region is the fastest growing market for RO membrane. The RO market is expected to register substantial growth in the near future, attributed to huge population in developing economies of the region. Other factors that drive the market are high-growth application areas such as seawater desalination systems and RO purification systems along with stringent regulations due to increased concerns over safe drinking water. Rapid industrialization and continuous rise in infrastructure has contributed immensely towards water pollution, which will drive the need for water purification and hence indirectly creating opportunity for the market players. However, factors such as high cost of membrane may restrict the market growth in the coming years.
The report segments the RO membrane market by material type, filter module, end-use industry & application, and geography. On the basis of material type, the market is segmented into cellulose-based membranes and thin film composite membranes. According to the filter module, the market is classified into the plate & frame, tubular-shaped membranes, spiral-wound membranes, and hollow-fiber membranes. On basis of end user and application, the market is divided into desalination systems and RO purification systems. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the previously mentioned segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Further advancement in the market includes discovery of the fact that innovations in feed spacer technology lead toward enhanced RO element performance by Conwed Plastics & LANXESS' Liquid Purification Technologies in a co-research project in July 2016. Another milestone is development of an inexpensive, solar-powered water treatment system for Indian villages by MIT scientists in Boston in July 2016.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Toray Industries, Inc., LG Chem, Hydranautics (A Nitto Denko Group Company), DOW Water & Process Solutions, Toyobo Co., Ltd., Lanxess AG, Koch Membrane Systems, Inc., GE Water & Process Technologies, Trisep Corporation, and Membranium (RM Nanotech) is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global RO membrane market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2014 and 2022.
- Geographically, the RO membrane market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA along with analysis of major countries in each geographic region.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 20142022, which identifies the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global RO membrane market is provided such as, a large customer base and government regulations will drive the market however, increased cost of osmotic membranes is expected to be a major restraint for the market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework
REVERSE OSMOSIS (RO) MEMBRANE MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
By Material Type
- Cellulose-based membranes
- Cellulose Acetate (CA) Membranes
- Nitrocellulose Membranes
- Thin film composite membranes
- Polyamide (PA) Composite Membranes
- Graphene Oxide-Based (GO) Polyacrylonitrile (PAN) Composite Membranes
By Filter Module
- Plate & Frame
- Spiral Membranes
- Pillow-Shaped Membranes Motility Disorders
- Tubular-shaped membranes
- Spiral-wound membranes
- Hollow-fiber membranes
- Desalination Systems
- Brackish Water
- Tubular-shaped membranes
- Residential & Commercial
- Medical Devices & Diagnostics
- Dialysis Equipment
- Pacemaker Capillary
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA