Revolving column crane is giant machine which is used for material handling at construction sites. This crane is used only in large construction process. This crane can lift up to 25 tons of loads. The revolving column cranes market is segmented by its type and duty type. Heavy engine oil and diesel engine oil are the types of revolving cranes which are available in the market which can perform light duty, medium duty and heavy duty operations according to requirement. Components of revolving column machines are base, mast, slewing unit, jib, counter jib, operating cabin, hoist winch, and a hook. Base provides the support to the crane. Mast is supported by base and made up of steel. Slewing unit sits at the top and attached to mast. This is the engine which enables the crane to rotate. Jib is extended horizontal arm which responsible for carrying the load. Counter Jib is responsible for holding the counterweight when the main jib is loaded to maintain the balance. Operating cabin facilitate space to operator so that he can operate the crane according to requirement. Hoist winch consist of inbox, gear box, hoist drum, hoist rope and brakes. Hook is used to attach material to crane. The revolving crane market is expected to grow in the near future due to rise in construction activities across the globe.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in the revolving column crane industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of revolving column crane market in 2020 and, is likely to revive in 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of revolving column crane in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is reviving in 2021.
- The major demand for revolving column crane was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, UK, and India, which are negatively affected by the spread of the corona virus, thereby declining the demand for revolving column crane.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Revolving column crane manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Revolving column crane manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
There is an increase in the demand for residential construction, road construction, and commercial construction due to rise in population and number of vehicles. Construction industry is always looking for tools and equipment to provide better services which are highly efficient and less time consuming. Revolving column crane is such tool which fulfills the desired criteria. This is one of the key factors boosting the growth of the revolving column cranes market. In addition, revolving column crane is able to move a large quantity of material from one place to another place within limited time. This helps in reducing the labor charges and time consumption. This is another factor which fosters the use of revolving column cranes at large construction sites. It requires heavy installation process because of its giant structure which can be cost driven. Also, it requires frequent inspection to avoid any accident. These factors limit the growth of revolving column crane market.
- Europe is dominating the revolving column crane market.
- Novel innovation and products with better efficiency are launched by the manufacturers. For Example, in January 2019, Manitowoc announced to launch six new advance crane machines and technologies at Bauma 2019.
- The revolving column crane market is expected to grow in the Asia-Pacific region, due to the developments of construction and residential industries. Government is also launching the schemes to promote and development of rural areas in countries like India. This is expected to create new opportunities for the market growth.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the revolving column crane market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the revolving column crane market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the revolving column crane market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed revolving column crane market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Revolving Column Crane Market Report Highlights
By Duty Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Shanghai Pangyuan Machinery Rental (SPMR),, Maxim Crane Works,, Bigge Crane and Rigging., Wolffkran,, Tat Hong Equipment Service,, Morrow Equipment,, Uperio,, NFT,, Neremat,, Liebherr Tower Crane Division,