Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an inflammatory disease that progresses over time affecting the joints. The symptoms aggravate over time, which is why medication for RA becomes essential to stop the inflammation. There is no permanent cure for rheumatoid arthritis, though increasing research activities regarding the same indicate that remission of symptoms is achieved when treatment begins in the initial stages with strong medications known as disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs).
The major factors that fuel the growth of the market are rising incidence of RA along with the increasing geriatric population. In addition, increasing transition from symptom management to slowing the progression of the disease supplement the market growth. However, side effects associated with the medication for rheumatoid arthritis restrain the growth of the RA drugs market. Moreover, increasing development of biosimilars and novel biologics will offer profitable opportunities for the growth of the RA drugs market.
The report segments the market on the basis of drug class, route of administration, and region. Based on drug class, the market is divided into disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), Non-steroidal Anti- Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs), corticosteroids, and analgesics. Based on route of administration, the market is classified into oral and parenteral. Based on region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in this market are AbbVie, Biogen, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celgene Corporation, Celltrion Inc., Johnson & Johnson, MedImmune, LLC, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis International AG, and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global rheumatoid arthritis (RA) drugs market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type assists in understanding various forms of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) drugs available.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Drugs Market Key Segmentation:
By Drug Class
- Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs)
- Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
By Route of Administration
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA