Rich communication services is a communication protocol between mobile device and the communication carrier aiming to replace simple text-message with more rich content such as video, voice over IP (VoIP), chat, and file sharing. Rich communication services expand the reach of communication experience by providing advanced communication functions over the communication carrier. The superior user experience and enhanced communication speed are some salient features of the rich communication services. However, expensive usage of rich communication services limit its adoption.
Global collaboration between the carriers for superior communication and emerging long-term evolution (LTE) technology primarily drive the rich communication services market. In addition, customer retention by offering them a better user experience and the investment made in LTE technology also fuels the growth in the rich communication services market. The competition with the over-the-top (OTT) players, which is a similar technology for enhanced communication is prime market restraint for rich communication services market. The economic feasibility of the rich communication services and mobile content administration services create ample opportunities in the rich communication services market.
The market is identified by a stiff competition within the key players. Key market players Ericsson Inc. and Huawei Technology Co. announced collaboration with ZTE Corporation, to develop a messaging application based on rich communication services platform, in March 2015. In February 2014, Ericsson Inc. announced its plans to integrate mobile networks using unified enterprise communication service, which is a rich communication service platform.
The market is segmented by service, user type, deployment type, and region. The service type is further classified into chat, content sharing, VoIP, IP video call, and file transfer. By user type, it is categorized into enterprise user and consumers. Based on deployment type, it is divided into cloud and on-premises deployment. Based on geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive analysis of the major market players profiled in the report include SAP SE, Alcatel-Lucent S.A, Huawei Technology Co, Ericsson Inc., Nokia Networks , Comverse technology Inc., Mavenir systems Inc., GENBAND Inc., Acision UK Ltd., and Interop Technologies LLC.
- This report is an extensive analysis of current and potential market trends.
- The report contains in depth quantitative analysis of current and future market estimations through 20162023, which helps recognize the growth opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market helps understand the current practices for the better investment decisions.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
Rich Communication Services Market Key Segments:
By Service Type
- Content Sharing
- IP Video Call
- File Transfer
By User Type
- Enterprise User
By Deployment type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East