Rigid Foam Market Analysis :
Rigid foam is a durable stock structure, which has a high degree of durability with high thermal stability, high compressive strength, and excellent insulation properties. Polyurethane is the largest class of polymeric foams and includes two major types, methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) and toluene diisocyanate (TDI). Rigid foam sheaths are used as artificial materials to control the heat inside and thus reduce the energy consumption of the building. Rigid foams are made from expanded polystyrene (EPS), surface polystyrene (XPS), and polyisocyanurate, which are known for their heating properties and provide durability and moisture control. Rigid foams are used on the exterior & interior walls, underground, and roof assemblies to minimize the effect of available bridges. They can be applied to walls, roofs, and supports for profit or new construction to provide thermal resistance. Rigid foam is made of a variety of materials, including polystyrene extracted (XPS) and extended polystyrene due to its insulating properties, moisture control, and fire safety.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has suddenly halted manufacturing operations around the world, affecting the demand for rigid foam and its manufacturing and processing.
- The most severely impacted end-use sectors of the foam industry are automotive and transportation, consumables, industrial equipment, construction, and electronics.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The growing demand for automotive and infrastructure development globally is expected to lead to increased productivity and consequently it is expected to stimulate growth of the polyurethane foam market during the forecast period.
These foams not only help to save energy in buildings but also increase efficiency. In addition, increasing awareness of green building and production of bio-based products are expected to provide greater opportunities for market expansion.
Marketers are increasingly competing with themselves in terms of factors such as inventory, price, operating costs, and product quality. The growing demand for automotive and infrastructure development globally is expected to lead to the growth of their product and as a result it is expected to drive the market for polyurethane foam during the forecast period.
The growing importance of strong eco-friendly foam in building and construction is expected to transfer homebuilders to sustainable and environment-friendly firms such as cellulose rigid board placement and strong bio-composite polyurethane foam.
Fluctuation in prices of raw materials and rules & regulations from environmental bodies are expected to hinder the growth of the rigid foam market.
Major players analyzed include BASF SE, The Dow Chemical’s Corporation, Borealis AG, Sealed Air Corporation, Wood Bridge Foam, Zotefoams Plc, Huntsman Corporation, Covestro AG, Armacell International S.A., Kaneka Corporation, and Nitto Denko Corporation.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global rigid foam market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global rigid foam market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global rigid foam market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the rigid foam market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Rigid Foam Market Report Highlights
By Product (Type)
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Covestro AG, Zotefoams Plc, Wood Bridge Foam, Nitto Denko Corporation, Sealed Air Corporation, Huntsman Corporation, The Dow Chemical’s Corporation, Borealis AG, BASF SE, Armacell International S.A., Kaneka Corporation