Rocket Liquid Propulsion Market Outlook – 2027
A rocket can be aircraft, spacecraft, missile, or a vehicle which generates thrust. Thrust is generated by propulsion system of the rocket. Rocket engines use three states of propellants: solid, liquid, and hybrid (combination of solid and liquid propellants). Solid rocket engines use solid fuels, generates high thrust, and are more reliable than other propulsion systems. However, solid rocket engines do not have the capability of restart. While liquid rocket engine uses liquid fuel & oxygen (or other oxidizer). The fuel & oxidizer are mixed in the combustion chamber of the liquid propulsion system. In liquid propulsion rocket, the flow of fuel to the engine can be controlled. In addition, the amount of thrust generated can also be regulated in the liquid propulsion rockets. The other advantage of rocket liquid propulsion is that engine can be turned off or on as needed.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- Due to COVID-19 situation, the research & development in rocket’s liquid propellants has been hampered due to the declared lockdowns and government restrictions on public gatherings.
- Slowing sign in economies of several countries has been observed due to COVID-19 effect, which may limit governments investment in their space organizations. Such reduction in investment will directly affect growth in rocket liquid propulsion market.
- Travel restrictions and reduction in military activities due to COVID-19 has also adversely effected growth of rocket propulsion market, as rocket liquid propulsion system is also used in seat ejection in aircraft, fireworks, etc.
- There will be a considerable rise in demand in rocket liquid propulsion market in near future as travel restrictions start loosen up worldwide.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Rise in demand for rocket propulsion owing to increase in number of space expeditions, rise in adoption of advanced liquid propulsion engines, and surge in commercial applications of the space industry are some of the major factors that drive the growth of the rocket liquid propulsion system market. However, political insurgencies between nations and lack of measures for disposal of orbital debris are the factors which are restraining the growth of the global rocket liquid propulsion system market. On the contrary, the introduction of space tourism and maturing technology of reusable rockets are expected to further contribute in the demand for rocket liquid propulsion in the future.
Maturing technology of reusable rockets
Major government bodies and private companies are investing heavily on research & development for the advancement of rocket liquid propulsion systems. Recently, few companies have started to demonstrate technology of reusable rockets. For instance, NASA has demonstrated their reusable rocket (Falcon 9) in July 2019. Further, SpaceX and Blue Origin have also recently demonstrated their reusable rockets. Use of such reusable rockets can reduce cost of every launch from 500 million USD to 50 million USD. Hence, such reduction in operational cost will boost the demand of reusable rockets and thereby will contribute in the growth of the global rocket liquid propulsion market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the rocket liquid propulsion industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of global rocket liquid propulsion market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global rocket liquid propulsion market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global rocket liquid propulsion market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the rocket liquid propulsion market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global rocket liquid propulsion market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Rocket Liquid Propulsion Market Report Highlights
By Vehicle Type
By End User
Key Market Players
JSC KUZNETSOV, Safran, Yuzhmash, BLUE ORIGIN, Virgin Galactic, ROCKET LAB USA, Antrix Corporation Limited, Space Exploration Technologies Corp., Aerojet Rocketdyne., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.