Roll to Roll Printing Market Outlook - 2027
The global roll to roll printing market size is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. Roll to roll printing is a process of making electronic devices on flexible plastics and metal foil. This process is used for patterning electronic circuits made with thin-film transistors and other devices over large substrate changing from a few meters to 50 km long in size. For semiconductors, the patterning takes place by lithography techniques. Roll to roll printing technology is still in the development stage and is not widely adopted. However, using such fabrication techniques may lead to a significant reduction in the cost of conventional semiconductor manufacturing methods. One of the most notable applications is the development of solar cells, which are still expensive due to the high cost per unit area of the semiconductor manufacturing process. Other major application includes the development of flexible electronic components such as those deployed in clothing, large-area flexible displays, and portable displays.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The Global roll to roll printing market has been significantly impacted by the outbreak. New projects throughout the world have slowed down, which have significant demand for roll to roll printing.
- The global factories have struggled to manufacture and assemble new devices as workers have stayed in their homes and even the already available devices in various warehouses cannot be transported due to current rules and regulations, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on roll to roll printing market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for these products are gradually going to increase.
- This is expected to provide opportunities for companies to think about ways of increasing production, research about technologies, and improve current products.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The increasing demand for flexible devices, such as RFID antennas & tags, printed circuits, OLED lighting, and printed sensors, across the globe is one of the key factors estimated to fuel the growth of the global roll to roll printing market. The development of the manufacturing process is expected to accelerate the growth of the overall market in the next few years. The growing issues related to failure risks and mass production are estimated to restrict the growth of the global roll to roll printing market in the coming years. However, increased focus on R&D activities and rise in adoption in various industry verticals are projected to offer potential growth opportunities for key players operating in the roll to roll printing market across the globe.
Aerospace & defense segment to drive the roll to roll printing market
Printed electronics are largely being adopted in the aerospace & defense industry, owing to their lightweight, less complexity, and high reliability features, which ultimately result in their low maintenance requirements. Moreover, roll to roll printed electronics technology reduces wiring in different systems used in aircraft that include in-flight entertainment systems and aircraftstructural health monitoring systems.
Automotive sector to drive the roll to roll printing market growth
Roll to roll printing can be used in manufacturing flexible electronics, which are creating a significant impact in various markets, with the automotive sector providing substantial opportunities. Whether it is sensors, OLED displays, lighting, in-mold electronics, and printed heaters or other applications, the market is expected to witness immense opportunities in the automotive industry. As vehicles continue to get smarter and more electronically sophisticated, new challenges are introduced throughout the production process. Factors in consumer preference considerations and rising safety requirements and the need for faster & efficient means of the manufacturing of these flexible electronics are likely to impact the market positively.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global roll to roll printing industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global roll to roll printing market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global roll to roll printing market trends and growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed roll to roll printing market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the roll to roll printing market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the roll to roll printing market forecast?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Roll to Roll Printing Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Durst, Epson, Roland DGA, InkJet, Kornit Digital, Hewlett Packard, Canon, Xaar., Xennia Technology, EFI Reggiani