The global rolling dies market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. Rolling dies are attachments of a rod threading machine. They are designed as an attachment of thread rolling machines. The rolling dies are used to cold-form external threads or splines by pressing a hardened die into a rotating workpiece. Thread rolling machines use cold forming, which is a forging process that shapes a blank metal workpiece without removing material, this increases the thread's yield strength, surface finish, hardness, and wear resistance. Thread rolling produces stronger threads than those made with a cutting tool and are generally less expensive. Rolling dies are widely used in metal industry for threading shafts, ball screws, and other metal pieces as per requirement. The increase in urbanization in the recent years as well as predicted migration of masses from rural to urban areas in the coming years has resulted in a considerable and steady increase in the use and applications of metal. Thus, the rolling dies market is predicted to witness substantial growth during the forecast period.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
The rolling dies are a crucial component in the manufacturing of metal products, thus the increasing demand of metal products, is a direct driver for the growth of the rolling dies market. Rolling dies have an extensive range of application right from manufacturing ordinary screw of simple works to high performance precision bolts for aircrafts and ships. To produce useable metal products as per our requirement it is essential to connect two or more components, threading of metal with the help of rolling dies provides an efficient method of connecting two components. Thus, the importance of rolling dies across the manufacturing industry is expected to drive a sustainable growth of the rolling dies market throughout the forecast period.
COVID-19 impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the rolling dies industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of the rolling dies market from the past few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 had affected the sales of rolling dies in the second quarter of 2020 as the demand witnessed a steep decrease due to restrictions on manufacturing and construction activities. Major players in the automobile industry decreased the production of cars in the wake of reducing demand because of COVID-19, which has negatively affected the rolling dies market.
- The major metal consuming giants including the U.S., China, and India were negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus; thereby, reducing the demand for rolling dies.
- COVID-19 pandemic also negatively affected the rolling dies mills due to the restrictions laid on factory operations. Rolling die manufactures are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Rolling die manufacturers can afford declining demands only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
Top Impacting Factors
The use of metals and growth of metal industries has always been a key contributor toward the development and economic growth of a country. The implementation of business-friendly tax policies in emerging economies has led to rise of industries in countries such as India, Mexico, China, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Brazil, and many other countries has been a substantial driving factor for the growth of rolling dies market. The increase in urbanization leading to ever rising demands for infrastructure, automotive, space technology, and other types of machines and components is a primary factor influencing the demand for components such as screws, bolts, and fasteners; thus, making rolling die industry a necessity. High precision, easy operation, and long durability of rolling dies make it a worthy investment metal forging factory. The frequent fluctuations in the cost of metals and power restrain the growth of the industry. The globally increased investments in space technology and defence sector drive the applications and requirements of metal components. Thus, being a driving factor in the growth of rolling dies during the forecast period.
- The growth of construction and automotive industry in emerging economies of Asia-Pacific is expected to substantial drive demand in the rolling dies industry on the account of durability, precision, and time efficiency.
- Affordable labor costs and favorable FDI regulations in Asia-Pacific is encouraging automobiles OEMs to expand their production base in China and India. Steady increase in the manufacturing industries in these countries is likely to increase the demand for rolling dies.
- Profiroll, which is a major player in the industry, has introduced flexible rolling dies supply system for its customers, which offers benefits such as short lead times because of blank or rolling die storage at Profiroll, reduced storage costs and area due to usage of our capacity, die lifetime analysis and evaluation
- The global players in the die manufacturing industry are using their experience and expertise to produce adequate quantity of dies, which will avoid delays in supply.
- Key players are also offering a partnership to evaluate different rolling die lifetimes to optimize process and minimize rolling die costs per part.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the rolling dies industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the rolling dies market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the rolling dies market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed rolling dies market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Rolling Dies Market Report Highlights
By End-User Industry
By Business Type
Key Market Players
CJWinter, Profiroll Technologies GMBH, Harold Habegger S.A., Kadimi, J. K. Industrial Corporation, Union Tools Co., SStools, Heroslam, Tanoi Mfg. Co., Ltd., OSG Corporation