A roof window is an outward-opening window that is built into the structure of a roof. Roof windows are often confused with skylights, although they differ in a few key ways. When it comes to allowing light and fresh air into a place, a roof window is generally an excellent choice. A roof window is typically larger than a skylight, allowing for a more expansive view of the sky above. Furthermore, skylights are usually fixed, meaning they cannot be opened and closed. Some roof window designs allow you to retract a section of the glazed panes to let fresh air in while still enjoying the natural light. A roof window differs from a tubular skylight in that the light is not directed through any kind of channel or tube to provide lighting for a building's interior. This form of light tube design is frequently used in buildings where a skylight or roof window cannot be installed. The market is predicted to develop due to an increase in building activities and a rise in demand for commercial construction, such as offices, industries, and institutions.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, countries had to enforce lockdown that halted the progress of constructions of new properties and households. Due to that, the demand for door & window frame decreased. The construction sites and other commercial places were the bulk buyers of these frames. The door & window frame market saw a dip in production as sufficient labors were not available to continue the production process. The sales procedure couldn't complete as there was unavailability of service personnel for installing the system.
- Disruption in the distribution channel was an important cause as adequate raw materials couldn't reach the industries for production; the delivery of finished products to the dedicated stores was not possible. Consumers had no option to visit the specialized stores, whereas online purchase couldn't support the installation service.
Top Impacting Factors
- Roof window sales have increased significantly in recent years, and this trend is expected to continue in the coming years. The construction industry's expansion is a major driver of the market, as it is one of the most important contributors to the US economy.
- However, the environmental impact of waste generated by replacing these products, as well as the accompanying cost of green construction supplies, are stifling expansion. The escalating pandemic wreaked havoc on the US economy and construction industry, putting a strain on the government's shutdown fund.
- The raw material used is an important aspect of the fenestration business, accounting for a large chunk of the overall cost of a commercial roof window. Raw material price changes, trade conflicts between the United States and China, associated tariffs, transportation challenges, and installation and maintenance costs can all stymie progress.
- Rapid urbanization, rising commercial and real estate development, growing awareness of the value of fenestration in buildings with standardization, and required mandatory criteria all necessitate the creation of a beautiful infrastructure to house.
New product launches to flourish the market
The roof windows industry is predicted to increase due to technological innovation by market participants manufacturing environmentally friendly windows. For example, Tiltco, a window and door manufacturer located in Canada, uses unplasticized PVC, which has a number of advantages during the manufacturing process, including less maintenance, lower production energy requirements, fewer raw material requirements, and lower emissions. Milgard produces energy-efficient doors and windows that meet both thermal and solar standards, fueling market expansion.
Steel, aluminum, and other metals are used to make roof window frames. Because of the great strength, performance, and shelf life of aluminum and steel, metal window frames are expected to grow at a large rate. The fenestration sector was heavily impacted by price changes in aluminum and steel, particularly during the epidemic.
Fiberglass and composite materials are examples of other materials. The surge in demand for energy-efficient, green construction goods, as well as increased awareness of environmental concerns and waste generation issues, has restructured the entire market outlook. Aesthetic appeal and the diversity of patterns available are two considerations that clients evaluate when making a purchasing decision.
Spending on home renovations is on the rise
Consumer expenditure on house remodeling has increased in developed economies such as the United States, which has fueled industry expansion in recent years. According to a study, the strengthening of the economy and rising property values have led to greater spending on home remodeling projects by homeowners. Exterior replacements accounted for 20% of total homeowner expenditures (roofing, siding, windows, and exterior doors).
Residential building in developed economies such as North America and Europe has recovered; nevertheless, the nonresidential sector has a strong growth potential because to increased demand from the office and commercial sectors. Due to increased demand from both the residential and nonresidential sectors, regions such as Asia-Pacific and LAMEA are likely to have faster growth rates. This can be attributed to population growth, urbanization, and an increase in disposable income.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the roof window industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the roof window market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the roof window market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed roof window market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Which are the leading players active in the roof window market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Roof Window" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Roof Window" Market?
Roof Window Market Report Highlights
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Fakro Group, Glazing Vision, RoofLITE, VELUX, FAKRO, Renson, Roto Frank AG, Roto, Velux UK, Dakea