Rotary blasthole drilling rigs are used in surface mines and large quarries to drill big holes to a pre-determined depth in a specific spot. These rotary drillers are used to extract oil & natural gas from wells and to easily extract minerals; the diameter of the hole generally depends on the duration of the projects. The rotary blasthole drill rigs are made of solid steel tungsten rod, which are used to drill huge holes. The main purpose of blasthole drilling is to drill the rock to a certain depth and create blasholes in which the explosives can be loaded.
High construction in various regions of Asia-Pacific such as India and China, along with an increasing demand for blasthole drilling rigs in mining industries is expected to drive the market growth. Moreover, rising awareness regarding benefits associated with blasthole rigs such as higher efficiency, durability, ergonomical designs, and faster operations are expected to support the growth of the rotary blasthole rigs market. However, higher costs associated with the whole drilling process of rotary blasthole drilling rigs are expected to hamper the market growth. Introduction of various powerful rotary tricone drill rigs that provide deep holes with higher reliability is expected to provide lucrative opportunities in the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into mid-range, large-range drilling, and others. Based on application, the market is segmented into open pit ming, quarries, and others. Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players that operate in the market include Atlas Copco, Sandvick, Schramm, Joy Global Inc., Sinosteel HYMC, Caterpillar, Kama Co. Ltd., SIMCO Drilling Equipment, Inc, Furukawa Rock Drill India Pvt. Ltd., and Schramm.
- Porters five forces model helps analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive sketch of the market, which is expected to guide the market players to develop strategies accordingly.
- It outlines the current trends and future scenario of the market from 2016 to 2023 to understand the prevailing opportunities and investment pockets.
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the rotary blasthole drilling rig market to identify potential investment pockets.
- The key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and their detailed impact analyses have been elucidated.
Rotary Blasthole Drilling Rig Market Key Segments:
- Large-range Drilling
- Open pit ming
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
- Atlas Copco
- Joy Global Inc.
- Sinosteel HYMC
- Kama Co. Ltd.
- SIMCO Drilling Equipment, Inc
- Furukawa Rock Drill India Pvt. Ltd.