A rotary cutter is a tool that consists of a safety handle along with a rotating circular blade. The rotary cutter blades are very sharp and can be re-sharpened for reuse. These blades are available in different sizes depending on the application like small blades are used for cutting fabric, peeling fruits, and others, while larger blades are used for agricultural, commercial, and other activities. A rotary cutter is a vital tool for seasonal farmers to prepare their land for agricultural activity. During land preparation, rotary cutters reduce the topsoil loss in the field. This ensures that the debris is free from topsoil and mud. The usage of heavy steel components in rotary cutters ensure lower damage to the equipment from rocks, stumps, and other obstacles on the field. The rotary cutters can work under severe conditions and make the land ready for agriculture activity in a short period.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the rotary cutters industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of rotary cutters market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Drivers, restraints, and opportunities
The growing demand for higher agricultural production along with the rapidly increasing need for land preparation are the major factors that are expected to drive the rotary cutters market growth. Moreover, the rising adoption of reliable, efficient, and less time-consuming equipment in agriculture is another factor that will be a potential driver for the rotary cutters market growth. However, improper handling of the equipment may lead to accidents that pose a threat to the rotary cutters market. The need for regular maintenance of the equipment can be a restraining factor for the growth of the rotary cutters market. On the contrary, new technological advancements in the rotary cutters market are anticipated to provide plenty of growth opportunities in the rotary cutters market during the forecast period.
Trends in the rotary cutters market
Emerging new technologies to fuel the market growth
The growing demand for reliable, efficient, and less time-consuming equipment especially for agriculture activity, has forced the manufacturers to come up with new efficient and optimized products. For instance, John Deere, an American manufacturing company has introduced new models for the rotary cutters attachments. The new models named RX72 and RX84 are designed for dense vegetation management, including proper cleaning and property maintenance. These new models provide solutions to municipal contractors, agricultural producers, and landscapers for vegetation management and land clearing. The new attachments have provided solutions for clearing medium-to-heavy hardwoods and brush up to 25cm in diameter. Such new technologies have improved performance and ease of operation along with enhanced efficiency. Customers increasing adoption of new technologies and the latest equipment is expected to fuel the growth of the rotary cutters market growth in the upcoming years.
A surge in food demand due to rising population
One of the factors driving the growth of the market is the rising population globally.
According to a report published by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, the world population is predicted to increase to $10 billion by the year 2050. With the increase in population, the demand for food is expected to increase. An increase in demand for fruits, vegetables, and proteins will result in the growth of the agriculture industry. The growth of the agriculture industry can be accounted for the growth of the rotary cutters market in the future.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study represents the analytical representation of the rotary cutters market combined with the ongoing trends and future predictions to determine investment opportunities.
- The present market is thoroughly analyzed to enlighten the rotary cutters market growth.
- The report gives information regarding the important drivers, restraints, and opportunities provided with an in-depth analysis of the rotary cutters market.
- Segmentation details of the rotary cutters market.
- The report gives a comprehensive rotary cutters market analysis based on competitiveness and how the performance of the competitors will take shape in the coming years.
Rotary Cutters Market Report Highlights
By End-user industry
Key Market Players
Baldan., AGCO Corporation, Greaves Cotton Limited, John Deere, Beri Udyog Pvt. Ltd., Kubota Corporation, CNH Industrial, Woods Equipment Co., Inc., Land Pride, Alamo Group, Inc.