A rotary tiller is a type of motorized cultivator that is used to plow the farm or for some other specific purpose such as cutting, breaking, inversion, and movement of soil. It is used to plow the land with a series of rotary blades or tines attached to it to prepare a seedbed that is ready for planting. It can be self-drawn or be attached to a two-wheeler or four-wheeler tractor. The shape, or size of the rotary tiller depends on the area of application, and the arrangement of the field. The length of the rotary tiller varies from 1.2 meters to 1.8 meters. It is not only used in agriculture but is also used in gardening and construction of roads. It is used by home gardeners who work on large vegetable gardens. In addition, a rotary tiller is also used in road construction and cleaning of oilfield pipes.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of rotary tiller attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide this has hampered the growth of rotary tiller from the last few months and is likely to grow in 2021.
- COVID -19 has already affected the sales of rotary tiller in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is anticipated to grow in year 2021.
- The major demand for rotary tiller was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, UK, and China which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus thereby declining the demand for rotary tiller.
- Further potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves rotary tiller manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID -19 health crisis.
- Rotary tiller manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce operations and supply chains to respond to ward immediate crisis and find new ways of working after COVID -19 for instance provision of sanitizers maintaining social distancing as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health and safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
There is rising need for rear-tine rotary tillers in the agricultural, as well as forestry sector due to its ability to do heavy duty works with muddy pads, rocky land, or hard soil. There is an rising demand for front-tine rotary tillers in the gardens because of its workability in the confined spaces. An increase in road construction boosts the demand for both front-tine rotary tillers and rear-tine rotary tillers. A large number of farmers prefer machines over conventional techniques of cultivation. The demand for mechanical equipment has increased attributed to its efficiency and reduction in time consumption. These factors propel the growth of the rotary tiller market. There is an increase in the awareness of the effects of global warming; therefore, many countries across the globe are undertaking reforestation initiatives that require plowing across large areas. This factor is anticipated to drive the growth of the rotary tiller market.
- The presence of traditional and established farming culture in countries like India, and China and rise in trend for application of time-saving power tools to minimize the labour charges, is anticipated to foster the growth of the rotary tiller market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the rotary tiller along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the rotary tiller market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the rotary tiller market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed rotary tiller market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Rotary Tiller Market Report Highlights
By Order type
By Blade shape
Key Market Players
Alamo,, Caroni spa,, Woods Equipment,, TMC Cancela,, Land Pride,, Tarter Gate, Kubota,, John Deere,, Baldan,, Schulte Industries,