Rotary-Wing Military Drones Market Outlook – 2027
Military drones are the combat version of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Military drones are used for number of missions such as surveillance, intelligence gathering, early warning, artillery & gunship guidance, and threat detection. In recent years, military drones have become advanced and are equipped with high quality video cameras, improved GPS system, bombs, precision guided missiles etc. Such improvements have made these drones much more lethal and thereby military drones or combat drones have being used widely in operations against terrorism, spying on other countries etc. For instance, USA used military drones to counter ISIS in Syria and killed its leader from Hellfire missile which was fired from combat drone. Military drones are categorized into Rotary-wing military drones and fixed wing military drones. Rotary-wing drones consist of 2 or 3 rotor blades, which revolve around a fixed part called rotor. Rotary-wing drones are of several types such as of one rotor (helicopter), 3 rotors (tricopter), 4 rotors (quadcopter), 6 rotor (hexacopter), 8 rotors (octocopter), and so on.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- Due to COVID-19 situation, the research & development in military drones companies across the globe has been hampered due to the declared lockdowns and government restrictions on public gatherings.
- As governments spending shift towards economic recovery due to COVID-19 pandemic, industries may experience reduction in quantity of order for rotary-wing military drones.
- Production rate of rotary-wing military drone making companies have been affected adversely due to COVID-19 situation.
- Cancellation of several military exercises between nations and reduction in military activities worldwide due to COVID-19, has been impacting adversely to rotary drones military drones market as demand relevant spare parts is also low.
- Post COVID-19, military drones market can see a significant growth as several countries have either already ordered or planning to procure rotary-wing military drones for their forces.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Rise in use of drones for combat missions, increase in the role of rotary-wing military drones for ocean surveillance, and cost-effectiveness of rotary-wing military drones as compared to manned aircraft are some of the major factors that drive the growth of rotary-wing military drones market. However, lack of skilled manpower for operating the drones may hamper the rotary-wing military drones market. Although technological advancements such as increase in endurance limit can be opportunistic for the growth of rotary-wing military drones market.
Increase in use of drones for ocean surveillance
Low operational cost when compared with the manned surveillance aircraft of rotary-wing military drones have resulted in increase in use of such type of drones for the maritime ocean surveillance. In addition, rotary-wing military drones have high endurance as compared to other unmanned aerial vehicles, which is also contributing in the demand of rotary-wing military drones, and hence driving the growth of the global rotary-wing military drones market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the rotary-wing military drones industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global rotary-wing military drones market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global rotary-wing military drones market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global rotary-wing military drones market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the rotary-wing military drones market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global rotary-wing military drones market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Rotary-Wing Military Drones Market Report Highlights
By Maximum Take-off Weight
By Launching Mode
Key Market Players
Elbit Systems Ltd., Northrop Grumman Corporation, BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin Corporation, AeroVironment Inc., Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., Textron Inc., Thales Group, General Atomics