Rotogravure printing machine refers to the high speed intaglio printing system which is used for printing in the packaging of the products. The intaglio printing process is done through the engraved rotating cylinders. The rotogravure printing machine is generally used for printing on packaging items such as food pouches, polythene packets, confectionery wrappers, soap wrappers and others such packaging materials. The rotogravure printing machine is used for printing in high volume such as magazines, greeting cards, posters and other advertisement banners. The rotogravure printing machine is categorized into various types on the basis of drying source such as gas, electrical and thermal fluid. The rotogravure printing machine uses different types of ink for printing such as solvent, water and radiation ink.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for the rotogravure printing machine is expected to decrease in the year 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand form packagingindustries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the rotogravure printing machine, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the rotogravure printing machine market significantly form last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed form giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends , Drivers and Impact Analysis
The rising consumption of packed food & beverages across various regions has created the demand for the rotogravure printing machine in the packaging industry which in turn act as a major growth driver for rotogravure printing machine market. The high speed, high image quality printing, low operation cost and less labor involvement are some of the key benefits of rotogravure printing machine that drives the growth of the rotogravure printing machine market. The increasing advertisement of the products is expected to fuel the rotogravure printing machine market. Further, the increase in awareness among the retail companies to create brand image among the customers through banners and posters is expected to boost the rotogravure printing machine market. The rise in high volume of production of magazines is expected to create demand for the rotogravure printing machine market owing to its high speed & high image quality feature. The North America is accounted to hold the largest market share in the rotogravure printing machine market followed by Europe. However, substitute like flexographic printing can hamper the growth of rotogravure printing machine market.
The global rotogravure printing machine market trends are:
New product launches to flourish the market
The advancing productivity and sustainability in the rotogravure printing has led to the launch of new technologically advanced rotogravure printing machine. In September 2019, one of the global leader in rotogravure printing machine named Bobst facility has launched a new rotogravure printing machineNOVA RS 5003. The NOVA RS 5003rotogravure printing machineuses water or solvent based ink for printing of wide variety of flexible packaging materials. The product utilizes a twin flow dryers technology for high speed printing by ensuring maximum energy savings and low noise level.
High demand form applications :
The rotogravure printing machines are employed for the various applications such as printing in cardboard, foil paper, commercial printing in magazines, advertisement banners, and in packaging materials. The rotogravure printing machines are also used in fine arts and photography sectors owing to its high density range in printing. Further, the rotogravure printing machine can print a wide range of substrates such as BOPP, polyester, polythene and others owing to its high capability in printing thin films. The rotogravure printing machine is widely use in the packaging industry and food manufacturing sectors for printing logo, brand name, labels and other food product details. Moreover, the rotogravure printing machine is used in the printing of newspaper supplements, books, and calendars in varied color and in high volume.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the rotogravure printing machine market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the rotogravure printing machine market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight therotogravure printing machine market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Rotogravure Printing Machine Market Report Highlights
By Drying source
By Ink type
Key Market Players
HYPLAS MACHINERY CO LTD, QUEEN'S MACHINERY CO., LTD, ROTATEK S.A, J M Heaford Ltd, Weijin Machinery Industry Co. Ltd, Windmoeller&Hoelscher Corporation, KKA Gmbh, Fuji Kikai Kogyo Co Ltd, Bobst Group SA., Jiangyin Lida Printing& Packaging Machinery Co.Ltd, Hsing Wei Machine Industry CO.LTD, Uteco Converting SpA, Pelican Rotoflex Pvt Ltd., Shaanxi Beiren Printing Machinery Co., Ltd.