Rugged Power Supply Market Outlook – 2030
Rugged power supply is an electrical power unit that supplies durable power even in harsh environments such as high altitude, extreme high and low temperatures, powerful shocks, and strong vibrations. It is mainly used in areas where the mains supply is unavailable or unreliable. During manufacturing, rugged power supply units undergo extensive environment condition testing, design verification testing (DVT), and highly accelerated life testing (HALT) to ensure its reliability in any situation. These are various industry standards, such as DEF-STAN 59-411, MIL-STD 1275, 704, 461 and 810, and VITA 47, that provide guidelines for manufacturing the rugged power supply units.
The global rugged power supply market is segmented on the basis of type, component, application, and region. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into AC-DC power supply and DC-DC power supply. In terms of component, the market is categorized into hardware and software. On the basis of application, the market is divided into telecommunication, consumer electronics, medical & healthcare, military & aerospace, transportation, lighting, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
Standardization of power supply products, strong need for power supply in unpredictable climatic conditions, and high investments in defense sector are the key drivers of the market. However, the adoption of renewable energy sources, budget constraints, and lack of awareness across the developing economies are limiting the growth of the global rugged power supply market. Contrarily, increasing need for rugged power supply in the defense and telecommunication sector is creating a new opportunity for the market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
New products that contain improved capabilities have been launched by leading market players. They have taken necessary steps to improve accuracy of devices and overall functionality as well. The rugged power supply market is characterized by rapid change, broad range of technologies, and demand for standardized products that provide both opportunity as well as threat to the vendors by intensifying the competition. The major vendors in the market are mostly adopting the strategy of new product launch/product enhancement followed by acquisition to lead in the rugged power supply market.
Surge in Usage in Industry Applications
Rugged power supply units are used in multiple industries but some of its prominent industry verticals include defense, aerospace, manufacturing, healthcare, and automotive. The defense sector, including army, navy, and air force have the largest adoption of rugged power supply units that enable them to operate in harsh environment conditions in air, land, and sea.
The rapid adoption of technologies in the power industry is experiencing significant advancements in the rugged power supply market. The AC-DC power supplies are used in several applications in military sector, thus the rugged power supply is extensively used in the military sector due to beneficial features like the ability to perform seamlessly in variety of intense climate and harsh terrains. The sector demands highly reliable power supply systems for military operations that need better durability, reliability, and ruggedness.
Increasing demand for next-generation rugged power supplies for cell towers, communication equipment, networking, conferencing, storage, telecom equipment, and telecom machines applications is expected to contribute significant share in the global market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global rugged power supply market size along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global rugged power supply market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzedto highlight the rugged power supply market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the global industry.
- The report provides a detailed global rugged power supply market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- The current rugged power supply market forecast is quantitatively analyzed to benchmark the financial competency.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The COVID-19 outbreak has been affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business shutdowns. The global electronics and semiconductor sector is suffering serious disruptions such as supply chain breaks, technology events cancellations, and office shutdowns.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has led to lockdowns in countries, which restricted the import and exports of material and required electrical components.
- China is the global hub of manufacturing and largest raw material supplier for various industries in the world; it was one of the worst-affected countries till Q1 of 2020.The lockdown of various plants and factories in China has adversely affected the global supply chains, thereby hampering manufacturing, delivery schedules, and sales of various electronic goods.
- Also, as government of different provinces have already announced total lockdown and temporarily shutdown of industries, the overall production process being adversely affected; thus, hinder the overall market opportunity globally.
Questions Answered in the Rugged Power Supply Market Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the rugged power supply market?
- How current rugged power supply market trends will influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Rugged Power Supply Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Emerson, Aegis Power System, Delta Electronics, Mitsubishi Electric, North Atlantic Industries, General Electric, Siemens, XP Power, Behlman Electronics Inc., Cosel