Rugged servers are designed to operate in extremely harsh environments and conditions. Military, industrial, and commercial professionals choose rugged servers for high-performance computing and high-capacity data storage. In a rugged server, all-aluminum packages are able to withstand some of the roughest terrains and toughest applications. Rugged servers are typically intended for usage in manufacturing or production-related applications. This might range from an industrial computer that assists with product separation on an assembly line to any variety of initiatives related to the medical, telecommunications, or aviation sectors.
The global rugged servers market is segmented on the basis of component, type, capacity, application, and region. Based on component, the market is divided into Hardware, Software, and Services. In terms of type, the market is categorized into Dedicated and Standard. On the basis of capacity, the market is divided into <256 GB, 256GB-512GB, 512GB-1TB, and >1TB. On the basis of application, the market is divided into Military & Aerospace, Industrial, IT & Telecommunication, Energy & Power, and Others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The global lockdown implemented in response to the COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in a financial collapse that has affected rugged servers market size.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has been affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business shutdowns
- As government of different provinces have already announced total lockdown and temporarily shutdown of industries, the overall production process being adversely affected; thus, hinder the overall rugged servers market opportunity globally.
- China is the global hub of manufacturing and largest raw material supplier for various industries in the world; it was one of the worst-affected countries till Q1 of 2020.
- The shutdown of various plants and factories in China has adversely affected the global supply chains, thereby hampering manufacturing, delivery schedules, and sales of various electronic goods.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Factors such as rise in adoption of industrial IoT, increase in demand for rugged servers by military, industrial and power sector, shift towards digitization in developing countries, strict regulatory needs across various industries, increasing use in the power sector, the growing adoption of cloud-based applications are the key drivers of the market growth. However, high initial costs of rugged servers and data security & privacy concerns may hinder the market growth. Furthermore, significant shift of manufacturing industries towards digitization creates new opportunities for the market.
The Global Rugged Servers Market Trends are as Follows:
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
The launches of new products that contain improved capabilities have been launched by leading market players. They have taken necessary steps to improve accuracy of devices and overall functionality as well.
In October 2020, Crystal Group Inc. has launched three rugged computer servers - the RS4105L22 4U GPU server, RS1.532L21X2F twin server, and Crystal Group FORCE RS2606. These rugged servers are designed for ultra-high intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) performance. Independently, each server delivers powerful performance, and when combined, these servers form an integrated system for real-time high-speed sensor data collection, computation, and daily hot-swappable data extraction.
Growing Adoption of Rugged Servers in Several Industrial Application
The growth in adoption of cloud-based applications is one of the significant factors driving the global rugged servers market. The mounting investments in data center construction projects, specifically in cold or hot environments, extreme pressure conditions, or any other harsh environment in different regions, further fuels the growth of the rugged servers’ market. The need to meet the growing requirement of cloud computing across these projects propels the integration of these servers in different enterprises.
Several industries, such as military, aerospace, marine, and power, are using rugged servers to increase plant productivity and meet stringent regulations pertaining to product quality and safety. Rugged servers are well-suited for managing processes across several manufacturing industries; thereby, manufacturers help to balance product costs and quality and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global rugged servers market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the rugged servers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the rugged servers market growth scenario.
- The current rugged servers market forecast is quantitatively analyzed to benchmark the financial competency.
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global rugged servers market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Rugged Servers Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in rugged servers market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the rugged servers market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the rugged servers market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Rugged Servers Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Symmatrix, Dell Technologies, Siemens AG, Portwell, Inc., Trenton Systems, Mercury Systems, Core Systems, Crystal Group Inc., CP Technologies, One Stop Systems