Sacral nerve stimulation (SNS) is a therapeutic method, which is used for the treatment of patients suffering from bladder and bowel problems such as overactive bladder, fecal incontinence, and bowel management. Sacral nerve stimulation assists to restore normal bladder or bowel function, and is gaining traction worldwide. The major objective of the therapy is to improve the coordination between the bladder or bowel and the brain. The major factors that fuel the growth of the market are rise in geriatric population and increase in incidence of neurological disorders. In addition, increase in the R&D investments on sacral nerve stimulation by market players propels the market growth. However, health risks associated with the sacral nerve stimulation and unfavorable reimbursement policies restrain the growth of the market. Conversely, untapped regions with unmet medical needs and technological advancements in the sacral nerve stimulation to reduce associated infections are expected to offer profitable opportunities for the growth of the market.
The report segments the market on the basis of product, type, application, and region. Based on product, the market is bifurcated into implantable SNS devices and external SNS devices. By type, it is classified into electrical muscle stimulation and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation. In terms of application, it is divided into urinary & fecal incontinence, urge incontinence, chronic anal fissure, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in this report is Medtronic Plc, Boston Scientific Corporation, St. Jude Medical, Cyberonics, Neuropace, Synapse Biomedical, Uroplasty, Inc., Codman & Shurtleff, Inc., and IntraPace, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global sacral nerve stimulation market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type assists to understand the various forms of sacral nerve stimulation available.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Sacral Nerve Stimulation Market Key Segmentation:
- Implantable SNS Devices
- External SNS Devices
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Urinary & Fecal Incontinence
- Urge Incontinence
- Chronic Anal Fissure
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA