Safari travel is the most popular vacation option among middle-aged and young travelers. The global safari travel market is expected to witness growth during the forecast period. A 'Safari' is a trip done overland, particularly a journey to observe the wildlife in their natural habitat. Originally, the term safari was associated with 'big-hunt game.' But now, with the change of time, safari is considered as an adventure activity, in which people like to do site seeing, click photographs of wildlife, and get a hiking experience. People are attracted to witness the natural habitat of the wildlife species like lion, giraffe, zebra, elephants, rhinos, leopards, and many other wild animals. However, today travelers want to seek more depth into the local culture of the places that they travel too. Many new players entering the luxury safari tourism market are keeping this point in mind and are offering a personalized experience to the safari travelers. Personalized safari travel enables the traveler to taste the local cuisine, and buy the finest and rarest of exquisite handicrafts. These safari trips are becoming popular among all age groups, with millennials holding the largest share. In addition all this, safari parks are coming up with a new concept named ethno-tourism. This concept allows the traveler to spend a few days with the local tribes or communities and live their lifestyle.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The COVID-19 outbreak has a devastating impact on the global safari travel industry.
- Almost all tour operators are experiencing a decline in their booking percentage.
- Due to safety reasons, the government of almost all the countries has imposed travel restrictions, which impacts the travel and tourism industry.
- In many countries, the travel and tourism industry contributed a lot to the country’s GDP. But the halt on flying from one country to another has given a massive blow to this industry and will hurt the GDP growth rate of the countries all around the world.
- The travel and Tourism industry employed many people all around the globe, but Corona Pandemic has threatened their jobs to a great extent.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The drivers that trigger the demand for the safari travel market are surge in GDP, an increase in per capita income, rise in disposable income, and easy visa availability. A primary benchmark in the safari travel industry is set by the personalized service, exclusivity, reliable transport, and professional and positive interaction with the staff.
Although the demand for safari tourism is significantly increasing, various factors restrict the demand for the global safari travel market. The prices for safari tours and travel are very high, and thus, its target audience is limited. Also, infrastructure issues and prevailing safety concerns among travelers hamper the growth of the safari travel market.
Safari travel is still an emerging tourist activity with a lot of growth potential. Travelers love to visit unexplored and exotic places; this can be seen as an opportunity for the global safari travel market. Tapping unexplored regions, innovative approaches, and bringing in new concepts like ethno-tourism can propel the growth of the safari travel market.
Trends in the global safari travel market are as follows:
Ethno-Tourism Safari Travel:
There is a change seen in safari traveling, where people wish to do site-seeing but at the same time want to experience living life like the local tribes. They are willing to compromise their living comfort, to learn more about that particular culture. This trend of Ethno-tourism has become very popular among travelers, whether young or working class.
A surge in Social Media:
Exposure to social media is boosts the growth of the global safari travel market. Posting pictures on different social media platforms and online engagement is a trend that prevails in almost every sector. There are many travel bloggers and influencers over social networking sites, with a large follower’s base. These bloggers and influencers increase the interest among people about safari travel by posting their travel content. Increased storytelling over social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Blogger, and many other such platforms is creating interest and desire among people for safari travel globally.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global safari travel industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global safari travel market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global safari travel market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global safari travel market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Safari Travel Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the safari travel market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Safari Travel Market Report Highlights
By Age Group
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Rothschild Safaris, Singita, Gamewatchers Safaris, Abercrombie & Kent Ltd, Travcoa, & Beyond, Backroads, homas Cook Group, Cox & Kings Ltd., Scott Dunn, Wilderness