A sailboat propeller is a rotating structure similar to fan, used to propel the sailboat by using the motor connected to the shaft, which generates power and transmits it by the main engine of the ship. The transmitted power is converted from rotational motion to generate a thrust, which imparts momentum to the water, which results in a force that acts on the sailboat and pushes it forward. Sailboat propellers are made from corrosion resistant materials as they are made operational directly in sea water and freshwater both.
The sailboat propulsion market has undergone a lot of technological advancements to increase their output reducing the consumption of diesel and other non-renewable energy sources. Technologically advanced hybrid sailboat propeller systems are increasingly used to save fuel consumption. They include solar panels, lithium batteries, and wind power propulsion systems. The number of investments in R&D have also increased, which in turn fuels the market growth. However, stringent environmental regulations, huge capital investment required for setting up new manufacturing facilities, and volatile raw material prices hamper the growth of the sailboat propellers market. Making and delivering compatible propellers to suit hybrid technology is expected to be a key opportunity area during the forecast period in the global sailboat propeller market. Large scale production and considerable higher demand from countries such as China and Japan is stimulating the growth of the sailboat propeller market in the APAC region.
The sailboat propeller market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, and geography. The market segmentation for type includes 2 blade, 3 blade, and 4 blade. By technology, it is classified into folding, fixed pitched, and variable-pitched. By geography, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Rest of LAMEA).
The key players in the sailboat propellers market are Michigan Wheel Corporation (U.S.), Maucour Nantes France SA (France), France Helices (France), Eris Propeller (Turkey), Eliche Radice (Italy), Hlices y Suministros Navales (Spain), SWP GmbH (Germany), Martec International (U.S.), Michigan Marine Propulsion (UK), and Austral Propeller (Australia).
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the sailboat propeller market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2017-2023 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market
Sailboat Propellers Market Key Segmentation:
- 2 Blade
- 3 Blade
- 4 Blade
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Key Market Players
- Michigan Wheel Corporation (U.S.)
- Maucour Nantes France SA (France)
- France Helices (France)
- Eris Propeller (Turkey)
- Eliche Radice (Italy)
- Hlices y Suministros Navales (Spain)
- SWP GmbH (Germany)
- Martec International (U.S.)
- Michigan Marine Propulsion (UK)
- Austral Propeller (Australia)