Sailplane Market Outlook 2027 -
A sailplane is a type of glider aircraft, which is used in sports of gliding and leisure activities. It is an aerodynamically designed aircraft that develops naturally occurring currents of rising air to remain airborne or to gain altitude. In most developing countries, glider aircraft now accounts for a significant percentage of the civilian-owned aircraft. For instance, in Canada, the glider aircraft fleet made up to 20.4% of the entire civilian aircraft registered in 2019. Moreover, in countries where there is no specific extra regulation, glider aircraft are considered as regular aircraft and are subject to certification requirements for both aircraft and pilot. The increasing demand for sailplane in the civil market and sports is expected to boost to the growth of the sailplane market.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The global market for sailplane is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of sailplane, which negatively impact the market growth.
- However, this situation is expected to improve as government has started relaxing norms around the world for resuming business activities.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Increasing traction for the sports and recreational activities and the innovations in the universe of the sailplane is considered to be the prime driving factor for the growth of the market. Moreover, the high manufacturing cost and lower profit margins are the major retrain face by the sailplane market. Furthermore, the sailplane manufacturers are also endeavoring to improve safety while landing and improve the effectiveness of the airbrake system which will offer better opportunities in the market shortly.
Sailplane market trends are as follows:
Increasing traction for sports and recreational activities
The increased use of sailplane in the sports and recreational activities backed by the living standards with the rise of capita income and disposable income are considered to be the driving factors for the sailplane market. There was a huge increase in local and international gliding competition across various countries such as world gliding competition is expected to drive the growth of the market as well.
The innovations in the universe of the sailplane
The innovators carried out by manufacturers are focused on innovation and design to improve the quality and standard which will enhance the performance of sailplanes. They are more concerned about safety while landing and while braking i.e. airbrake system. These recent developments and innovations are driving the growth of the sailplane market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the sailplane market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the sailplane market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the sailplane market research report
- Which are the leading players active in the sailplane market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sailplane Market Report Highlights
By Number of seats
By Power Use
By Wing Span
Key Market Players
Goodyear, Bridgestone, Cheng-Shin Rubber, Belshina, Eurotire, Yokohama Tire, Continental, China National Tire & Rubber, MRF, Michelin