Salmeterol (also known as SEREVENT) is an adrenergic receptor agonist, which is mostly prescribed for the prevention and maintenance of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The drug has a 12-hour duration of action and thus is more beneficial than short-acting beta2- agonists, such as albuterol, which has only 4- to 6-hour duration of action.
The increase in prevalence of people suffering from asthma and COPD, low cost of the drug, and its ability in maintaining the symptoms for long duration of time is expected to increase the demand of the drug. However, certain side-effects of the drug such as dizziness, sinus infection, migraine headaches, and breathing problems restraints the market growth.
The global salmeterol market is segmented based on application and region. Based on application, it is categorized into asthma, bronchospasm, and COPD. By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Lupin Limited, MidasCare, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd., NATCO Pharma Limited, INVENT FARMA HOLDING SPAIN S.L., Mylan N.V., Redwing Pharma, and Axa Parenterals Ltd.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the market that helps identify the upcoming market opportunities.
- Recent industry trends and developments and the future opportunities are also covered.
- Extensive knowledge about the key market players and their strategies is provided.
- Comprehensive analysis of the various factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market is provided.
Salmeterol Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
MidasCare, Redwing Pharma, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc, NATCO Pharma Limited, Axa Parenterals Ltd., INVENT FARMA HOLDING SPAIN S.L., Mylan N.V.,, Lupin Limited