Salon products are the professional hair, skin, and other personal care products used in the salons for beauty enhancement purposes. The beauty industry generally uses cosmetic products to enhance the face and body appearance. The salon products are widely used in beauty parlors, beauty salons, spa & wellness center, large salon chains, and others. The professional hair care products such as shampoo, conditioner, keratin treatment products, hair wax, hair colorants, hair gel, and other hair styling products have gained a huge market share in salon products. Apart from these, face and body enhancement products such as facials, bleach, D-tan packs, face scrubs, beautifying masks, nail art, cleansing scrubs, pedicure products, manicure products, body wax, massage creams, and others are widely used in the salon industry.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a huge impact on the salon products market as the beauty parlors and salons were initially shut down due to the widespread of coronavirus.
- The government regulations and restrictions for lockdown scenarios have affected the sales and revenue of the salon industry which in turn has impacted the growth of the salon products market.
- The travel restrictions, export, and import bans have led to supply chain disruption of the global salon products market.
- The post-COVID scenario is anticipated to cause a loss in revenue of the salon products market due to the government regulation of social distancing and changing customer behavior to prevent the further spread of coronavirus.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Salon products are extensively used in the small beauty parlors as well as large spa chains. The new product development and expanding salon services such as keratin treatment, sun tanning, waxing, body massages, and others have created a wide opportunity for salon products in the beauty industry. The increasing beauty consciousness, appearance and aesthetics concern, benefits to the skin, mental well being, investment in innovation, new product development, rising demand of the salon products for dressing up in ceremonies and events, inclination towards skin and hair enhancement, development of variants in hair treatment products, alluring skin products, tanning, and de-tanning products, men beard and hair treatment products, makeup products, the surge in-salon chains, increase in disposable income, urbanization, discount and special offers, use of social media and celebrity endorsements are the key drivers which lead the growth of the global salon products market. However, highly-priced salon services, traditional practices, emerging beauty devices, direct-to-consumer sales, quality of services, demand for organic products and increased competition hinder the market growth.
The global salon products market trends are as follows:
Diversification of salon product line
The professional salon products are not only limited to women's use but have been launched according to the skin, beard, and hair requirements of men as well. The increase in spending power has led to the surge of salon and beauty industry which in turn are creating an extensive requirement of salon products. The presence of basic salon services to exclusive services in the salon industry has created a demand for the launch of variants of products in skin makeup, eye makeup, nail art, makeup brushes & tools, natural makeup, thermal hair sprays, age-defying skin care products, hair straightening & smoothening treatments and others.
The key brands of cosmetic and personal care products are inclined toward launching their specialized salon chains and developing a wide salon product line. The surge of customer interest in grooming and enhancing the visual appearance has created new trends in the salon product market. The use of social media, celebrity endorsements, and social media marketing have presented a new pathway for the growth of the salon products market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global salon products industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global salon products market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global salon products market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global salon products market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Salon Products Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the salon products market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Salon Products Market Report Highlights
By End User
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Toni & Guy, L’Oreal, Shiseido Company, Estee Lauder Companies, Revlon Inc., Kao Corporation, Avon Products Ltd., Unilever Corporation, Procter & Gamble Co., Henkel Corporation