Sandblasting Machines Market Outlook - 2027
Sandblasting machines are used to force a stream of abrasives onto a surface to remove any contaminants such as dust, rust, and paint. This process is similar to spraying paint on a surface, the difference is sand with compressed air is used in place of paint. These machines are generally used to smoothen, clean, shape, or roughen any surface. The abrasive materials that are used in these machines can be silicon carbide, corn cob grit, walnut shells, glass beads, acrylic, and more. These machines are the most efficient solutions to clean and prepare metal or non-metal surfaces quickly. Basically, there are two types of sandblasting techniques that are dry blasting and wet blasting. The basic difference between the two processes is wet blasting uses water for the process and the dry blasting uses air. These machines hold major applications in industries like automotive, oil and gas, construction, and others.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the sandblasting machines industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of sandblasting machines market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Drivers, restraints, and opportunities
Sandblasting machines are used in the automobile industry for electroplating finishing, pre-treatment, smooth finishing, polishing, and providing textures to the materials used for automobiles. The rising demand for the sandblasting machines from the automobile industry supported with a positive growth of the industry in countries like China and Japan is a major factor that is expected to drive the growth of the sandblasting machines market in the upcoming years. Also, these machines are widely used in the construction industry for repairing, finishing, and construction activities. These factors are responsible for the increasing demand for sandblasting machines from the construction industry which is another key factor that can potentially propel the growth of the sandblasting machines market. Furthermore, technological advancements and growth in automation have led to the emergence of robotic sandblasting machines that are anticipated to positively affect the growth of the sandblasting machines market in the next few years. However, factors like debris and disposal management issues and high noise levels associated with these machines are limiting the market growth. Conversely, huge investments for development of end-use industries such as construction, oil & gas, and others in different countries can provide plenty of growth opportunities for the sandblasting machines market during the forecast period.
Trends in sandblasting machines market
Increasing demand from the automobile industry
Sandblasting machines have a wide range of applications in the automobile industry for pre-treatment, electroplating finishing, polishing, smooth finishing, and providing textures to the materials used for automobiles. According to statistics provided by the International Organization of Motor Vehicles Manufacturers, countries like China and Japan were the largest producers of automobiles in 2018. Exact figures show that China, the largest producer of automobiles in the world manufactured 23,529,423 vehicles, whereas Japan, being the second-largest producer of automobiles in the world manufactured 8,358,220 vehicles. Large vehicle production in the countries of Asia can ensure a promising positive growth in the upcoming years also, thus providing lucrative growth opportunities for the sandblasting machines market.
The emergence of robotic sandblasting machines
Technological advancements and growth in automation in the sandblasting machines have resulted in the widespread adoption of automatic machines in manufacturing industries. For instance, robotic sandblasting is an innovative method of stripping, cleaning, finishing, or preparing metal surfaces with preciseness, safety, and efficiency. The adoption of these machines prevents the intervention of manual operators thus, ensuring worker’s safety and reducing costs. Besides, these machines are remote-controlled that can provide speed adjustments easily. Also, they are provided with dust collectors that makes it possible to recycle the blasted abrasive particles. Such new technological advancements can create a positive impact on the growth of the sandblasting machines market in the upcoming years.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study represents the analytical representation of the global sandblasting machines market combined with the ongoing trends and future predictions to determine investment opportunities.
- The present market is thoroughly analyzed to enlighten the sandblasting machines market growth.
- The report gives information regarding the important drivers, restraints, and opportunities provided with an in-depth analysis of the global sandblasting machines market.
- Segmentation details of the global sandblasting machines market.
- The report gives a comprehensive global sandblasting machines market analysis based on competitiveness and how the performance of the competitors will take shape in the coming years.
Sandblasting Machines Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Graco Inc., Burwell Technologies, Empire Abrasive Equipment Company, Clemco Industries, Kramer Industries, Torbo Engineering Keizers, MHG Strahlanlagen, Airblast B.V., Abrasive Blasting Service and Supplies, ABShot Tecnics, Paul Auer