Sapphire Glass Market Analysis :
Sapphire glass is an application of synthetic sapphire produced by subjecting aluminum oxide powder under extreme heat and pressure. The resulting output is a transparent material that is more durable than standard glass. Sapphire glass is next to diamond in terms of hardness, and is scratch resistant. The commercial use of sapphire glass is majorly in the making of watch & smartphone displays; production of mechanical, medical, and optical equipment; and ballistic material in safety establishments and as a bulletproof glass.
Sapphire glass is widely used in semiconductors, LED manufacturing, industrial applications, and consumer electronics.
COVID-19 impact analysis
Sapphire glass is used in manufacturing of watch, smartphone displays, and in production of mechanical as well as medical equipment. Owing to the outbreak of COVID-19, the demand for medical equipment has increased, which has directly increased the demand for sapphire glass. However, simultaneously, the demand for smartphones and watches has declined in response to the nationwide lockdown, thereby resulting nonoperation of almost all electronics markets. This has declined the demand for sapphire to some extent.
Top impacting factors: trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Use of sapphire in a wide range of applications such as medical, safety equipment, aerospace, and defense is increasing its popularity. Therefore, increase in popularity of the sapphire glass is the key factor expected to drive the growth of this market. Sapphire glass is used for various purposes in the defense industry from electro-optical windows to countermeasure systems. Strong presence of established defense industry in North America region where government is spending significantly for such products fuels the growth of North America sapphire glass market.
In addition, increase in popularity of sapphire glass in electronics products is key factor contributing toward the growth of this market. Upsurge in penetration of smartphones and high-end consumer electronics devices is further propelling the usage of sapphire glass across the globe. However, high cost of production has emerged as the key growth barrier of this market, and is expected to challenge the market growth during the forecast period.
Furthermore, sapphire glass is a hard material, which makes its recycling is a major challenge for market players. Moreover, requirement for high capital and technical knowledge for product development would be another factor restricting the growth of this market in the coming years.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global sapphire glass market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global sapphire glass market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global sapphire glass market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global sapphire glass market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the global sapphire glass market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sapphire Glass Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
DK AZTEC Co., Ltd., Saint-Gobain, Namiki Precision Jewel Co. Ltd., KYOCERA Corporation, Rayotek Scientific Inc., GT Advanced Technologies, Crystran Ltd., Rubicon Technology Inc., Swiss Jewel Company, Crystalwise Technology Inc., Precision Sapphire Technologies, Ltd., Tera Xtal Technology Corporation, Crystaland Co. Ltd., STC