Sapphire is chemically resistant and has a high melting point of 20400C whose chemical composition is Al2O3. It is an anisotropic material and an insulator, which is optically transparent having an energy gap of 9.2eV. Its hardness of 9 on Mhos scale is almost as hard as diamond. So, there are various advantages of using sapphire such as hardness, optically transparency, strongness and chemically inertness. Thus, they find their applications in power IC, power semiconductors, opto-semiconductors, RF applications and Others in industries such as aerospace, defense, consumer electronics, and power. Innovations in the semiconductor industry will pave the way for better sapphire technologies.
The global sapphiremarketis segmented on the basis of product type, application, and end user. Based on product type, the sapphiremarketis divided into 30 kg, 60 kg, 85 kg, 120 kg, and others. On the basis of application, the market is categorized into high brightness led manufacture, special industrial, and others. On the basis end user into aerospace, medical, defense, consumer electronics, power, and others of geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as north america, europe, asia-pacific, and latinamerica, middle east &africa (lamea).
Key players operating in the global market include Rubicon technology, GT Advanced technology, Monocrystal Inc., Namiki Precision Jewel Co. Ltd, TeraXtal, DK aztec, Sense Tech Innovation Company, KYOCERA Corporation, Saint-Gobain Group, Rayotek Scientific Inc., and others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
- Global sapphire market size has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new sapphire market as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for sapphire market are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced sapphire market to enhance efficiency.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The major driving factors for the growth of the sapphire Industry are their increased usage in the industries such as IT and communications, power, aerospace and defense. It is on the verge of becoming a successful material in semiconductors because of its exceptional properties. However, availability of cheaper substitutes like glass and others hinder their market growth. Moreover, the increased usage of sapphire in the RF applications and power electronics is expected to drive the sapphire market further.
New product launches to flourish the market
Sapphire touch was launched by DHI Telecom in 2018. It is a touch screen that monitors the data level and works as a USB power bank which has 15 hours of battery life. It comes in white or black with gold band. Also, prior to this Sapphire International Mobile Hotspot was launched that flourished the market. The hotspots came with free 500 MBof international data. These devices were developed particularly for military purpose and were sold in various military bases. Thus, products flourished the sapphire market.
Surge in usage in medical industry
Sapphire is used in various optical applications in the medical industry. It is tapped for its optically clear hermetic properties and strength. Co2 laser surgery equipment and tomography are the applications which include sapphire. The other applications are it helps in producing optical probes, scalpels and orthopedic implants. Due to its mechanical strength, sapphire can withstand chemicals like chlorine fluorine and others and also blood. Thus, due to its various advantages such as hardness, optical transparency, strongness and chemical inertness, this flourished the market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Sapphire industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global Sapphire market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global Sapphire market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global sapphire market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in thesapphiremarket research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the sapphire market forecast?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sapphire Market Report Highlights
By End-Use Industry
Key Market Players
Rayotek Scientific Inc ., SCHOTT AG, ILJIN Display CO., Ltd, Saint-Gobain, Namiki Precision Jewel Co., Ltd., Juropol Sp. z o.o., CRYSTALWISE TECHNOLOGY INC., Rubicon Technology Inc., KYOCERA Corporation, Monocrystal