Sarcoidosis Drugs Market Statistics 2030 -
Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease in which clumps of inflammatory cells form in various organs called granulomas. These granulomas may cause organ inflammation. This disease is triggered by the body’s immune response to foreign particles such as bacteria, viruses, or chemicals. For some patients, sarcoidosis is a chronic condition and it may lead to the deterioration of the affected organ. Rarely, this disease can be fatal. Death usually is the result of complications with organs such as the heart, lungs, or brain. Drugs used in sarcoidosis include methotrexate and azathioprine, which can reduce inflammation by suppressing the immune system. Drugs such as hydroxychloroquine may help for elevated blood calcium levels.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry industries are expected to witness significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccines and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the sarcoidosis drugs market.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in awareness regarding the health of patients suffering from sarcoidosis is driving the growth of the market. In addition, surge in prevalence of sarcoidosis is influencing the market positively.
Extensive research undertaking and funding have been witnessed to control the rising prevalence of this disease, which is another factor that drives the sarcoidosis drug market growth.
Advancements in the healthcare industry along with rise in per capita income in the emerging markets such as Canada and the U.S. is accelerating the sarcoidosis drugs market growth.
However, sarcoidosis drugs available in the market have many side effects. Effective treatment for sarcoidosis is either unaffordable or unavailable. In addition, lack of awareness about the disease among physicians and patients in developing nations hinders the market growth of sarcoidosis drugs.
Key Market Trends
Foreign substances such as viruses and bacteria or chemicals may trigger the immune system. If the exposure to these substances is high, it may trigger sarcoidosis in a patient's body. With rise in pollution all over the world and increase in cases of new pathogens, there has been surge in the number of sarcoidosis cases.
Key players in the sarcoidosis drugs market are focusing on new drug developments, product launches, and mergers & acquisitions with smaller players.
In December 2018, aTyr Pharma, Inc. announced its drug ATYR1923 to be under phase 1b/2 of clinical trials. This drug is meant for the treatment of pulmonary sarcoidosis. It can help improve care for sarcoidosis patients, as it is designed for offering better tolerability and immunogenicity in such patients.
In July 2016, AbbVie, Inc. received approval for its drug Humira (adalimumab). This drug is efficient in minimizing sarcoidosis symptoms by decreasing the levels of tumor necrosis factor (TNF). It can further reduce swelling of the lymph nodes that are seen in sarcoidosis. Humira is injected subcutaneously and can be used as an alternative for people who cannot tolerate other sarcoidosis treatments, which may include the use of drugs such as prednisone and prednisolone (corticosteroids).
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the sarcoidosis drugs industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the sarcoidosis drugs market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the sarcoidosis drugs market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed sarcoidosis drugs market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years
Questions Answered in the Global Sarcoidosis Drugs Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the sarcoidosis drugs market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow ?
- What are the adoption trends for sarcoidosis drugs in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are sarcoidosis drugs?
- What is sarcoidosis drugs market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Sarcoidosis Drugs Market Report Highlights
By Mechanism of Action
By Drug Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Merck & Co. Inc., Bellus Health, Novartis AG, Firststring Research, Epizyme, Inc, Adaptimmune Therapeutics Plc, Pharmain Corp, Relief Therapeutics Holding SA, Araim Pharmaceuticals Inc., Advenchen Laboratories, LLC