Sartans Market Overview 2030:
Sartan is an advanced therapeutic medication administered to patients with high blood pressures (Angiotensin-II receptor antagonists). In addition to its primary use, the drug is also used to treat chronic heart failure and kidney diseases. Drug intake can sometimes lead to vertigo, anemia, dizziness, and a sudden drop in blood sugar levels. Recently, increasing incidents of the presence of nitrosodimethyamine impurities have been recorded, which is raising concerns about the development of tumors in the body. Various studies have also shown that regular use of saran can reduce cognitive decline. Pleotropic effects, such as aid in cardiovascular syndrome therapies are another growing utility realization.
By product type, the Ibersartan segment dominates the market due to high efficacy in lowering blood pressure and preventing potential kidney damage caused by diabetes. By application, the primary use of sartan medication is to treat high blood pressures though the drug has recently shown other pleotropic applications. By end user, the hospitals segment is expected to provide avenue for sale and administration of the drug.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with the governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines development to medicine supply chain planning. Approximately 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a significant increase in demand for the treatment of COVID-19. Such increase in demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 treatment drugs, as many developed countries are experiencing a shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to significantly grow in the future owing to the demand for COVID-19 vaccine and the treatment medicines. This is expected to have a substantial impact on the sartans market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in demand for long- term therapy is anticipated to drive the sartans market growth for sartans and related intermediaries. Long -term therapies are those that lasts longer than the standard time parameters for treating various psychological disorders.
- The increased shift towards environmental security and fulfilling corporate social responsibility (CSR) owing to rise in environmental concerns and pollution is anticipated to hinder the sartans market growth.
- Lack of alternative intermediaries such as amlodipine is anticipated to hamper the market growth.
- The Increased occurrence of sartan impurities such as N-nitrosamines recorded subsequently leads to lack of trust among stakeholders. This is expected to hamper market penetration.
Key Market Trends
- North America is anticipated to gain significant market growth owing to rising cases of high blood pressure patients combined with growing demand for drugs with instant efficacy and growing investments in research and development of the sartan drug market.
- The European Medical Agency (EMA) was notified in mid-2019 of the presence of carcinogens in sartan drugs. The contamination was discovered to be the result of the use of solvent dimethylformamide along with sodium nitrate. This resulted in a general backlash among the patient community, forcing the agency to establish a committee to investigate the source of the contamination and devise preventative measures in the future.
- The recent study was conducted at the Medical University in Sofia, Bulgaria to examine the impact of new medicines included to the positive drug list (PDL) and their utilization in the sartans group. The Inclusion of these medicines has affected both the utility and the price of sartan medicine.
- Rajkumar Baheti of Alembic Pharmaceuticals recently outlined a decrease in the volume of sartan exported to the U.S. due to disruption in supply chain efficiencies caused by COVID-19. This has been further increased by the rise sartan sale prices in the Indian market.
- According to a recent survey in Italy, sartan administrations in the country have observed an increase in the last 10 years owing to rise in cases of high blood pressures among young pressurized adults and the growing geriatric population.
- Drug regulators in the UK and Canada have recalled several vials of irbesartan, losartan, and valsartan due to the potential establishment of presence of mutagenic azido impurity. This can have added psychological disorders if administered to patients with chronic heart diseases and cancer.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the sartans industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the sartans market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the sartans market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Sartans Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the sartans market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the sartans market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 on the industry?
- What is sartans?
- What is the prediction of the sartans market in the future?
- What are the current and predicted trends?
Sartans Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Astra Zeneca, Eli Lilly, Novartis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Bayer, Merck, Sanofi, Johnson and Johnson, Teva Pharmaceutical, Pfizer