The Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market size was valued at $157.0 million in 2020, and is estimated to reach $335.7 million by 2030 with a CAGR of 7.7% from 2021 to 2030. Over the years, there has been a rise in number of workforces in various demographic segments. Especially among the women, there has been gradual adoption of working lifestyle among this portion of the population. As a result, majority of consumers around the world especially in the developed countries, look out for food products that can be prepared and served within a minimal range of time. Thus, in turn various fast food products witness significant demand over the past couple of years which also resulted in boosting the growth of the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market. Moreover, hectic work schedule of millennial and Gen Z along with rise in demand for ready to eat products drive the growth of the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market. Hence, busy lifestyle being adopted by majority of consumers paves way for cloud kitchen product to boost in terms of volume sales.
Nowadays, food delivery companies or cloud kitchens are no longer limited to the labor force owing to the internet penetration globally. Moreover, big players are already testing robots, drones, and artificial intelligence (AI) to solve for delivery challenges and enhance efficiency. Furthermore, brands are also looking for autonomous vehicles as the next frontier of food delivery. In addition, with the increase in the development of autonomous and remote controlled vehicle tech will subsequently eliminate human delivery system which will also result in saving time and cost in the food delivery process. Hence, increase in internet penetration by majority of the consumers paves way for Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market to grow in terms of volume sales. Moreover, fast food products are usually known for their taste, unique product offerings, and easy availability, which attract the target customers. However, regular consumption of these products has negative effects on the health of the consumers. For instance, most fast food items, including drinks and sides, are loaded with carbohydrates with very less content of fiber. Therefore, consumption of high amount of carbs can lead to repeated spikes in blood sugar level. Thus, this increases the risk for insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, as well as weight gain. These factors are expected to restrain the growth of the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market.
The Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market is segmented into type, product type, and nature. By type, the market is categorized into kitchen, commissary/shared kitchen, and kitchenpods. By product type, it is categorized into burger/sandwich, pizza/pasta, chicken, seafood, Mexican/Asian food and others. By nature, it is bifurcated into franchised and standalone.
By type, the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market is segmented into independent cloud kitchen, commissary/shared, and kitchenpods. The independent cloud kitchen type accounted for a major share in the market in 2020 owing to increase in demand for international cuisines like Thai food and Chinese food globally. Moreover, increase in online food delivery is further boosting the growth of the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market.
Independent Cloud Kitchen segment dominates the market and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
By product type, the cloud kitchen is segmented into burger/sandwich, pizza/pasta, chicken, seafood, Mexican/Asian food, and others. The chicken segment holds the largest market share, accounting for around 23.7% of the total revenue in 2020, followed by the burger/sandwich segment.
By Product Type
Seafood segment is expected to grow at a highest CAGR of 10.6% during the forecast period.
By nature, the market is segmented into franchised and standalone. The franchised segment held the major share in the market and is projected to remain dominant during the forecast period. Moreover, the trend of franchising is increasing amongst the stakeholder as it helps in expansion of the business and it requires less capital owing to which stakeholders are majorly interested in franchising their cloud kitchens.The key players profiled in the report are Kaykroo, Kitopi, iKcon, kitch, Talabat, Sweetheart Kitchen, Kitchen United, Kitchen Park, The Leap Nation and Food To Go.
Standalone segment is expected to grow at a highest CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period.
Covid-19 Impact Analysis
- Covid-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December 2020.
- Moreover, due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, all the brick and mortar restaurants were closed and no dining facility was available. A very large number of people have also become aware of the health risks of eating in packed restaurants. Meanwhile, many conventional restaurants have also become cloud kitchen due to the lockdown measures in the country.
- In addition, ease in online food delivery app and payment method have eased the ordering process for people of all age groups.
- There has been an increase in number of users on various social media sites with rise in internet penetration. Considering this, most of the key players in the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market strategize on promoting their products and services on these social media platforms.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market analysis from 2020 to 2030 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market opportunities.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier–buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the market industry.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market growth strategies.
Saudi Arabia Cloud Kitchen Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Innovation is the key for the growth of the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market in terms of value sales. The rise in demand for various international cuisines among the consumers makes way for the manufacturers to come up with cloud kitchen comprising features such as online delivery, fast foods, and others.
Technological advancements have helped in the development of the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market. Different methods of ordering food such as through telephone, online, and now by mobile apps have reduced the direct human interaction, which reduces the probability of human error and provides better customer service. Moreover, new advance technology such as drones and autonomous vehicles can be used in future to quicken the food delivery process.
In addition, the use of new technological machine and robotics in the food industry also ensures quality and affordability. Hence, effective technology adopted by operators helps drive the growth of the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market in terms of value sales. Change in food habits and busy lifestyle of consumers have led to increase in demand for fast food. Rapid changes in the supporting factors such as disposable income, consumer preferences, increase in working women population, and digitization have resulted in rise in number of cloud kitchens. This in turn drives the growth of the Saudi Arabia cloud kitchen market.