Saxagliptin is an anti-diabetic drug that is taken orally. It is majorly used for type 2 diabetes. The drug is commercially available under the trade name Onglyza.
The global saxagliptin market is driven by factors such as increasing incidence of diabetes, growing risk factors such as changing lifestyle, reduced physical exercise that lead to diabetes, complexities in alternative therapies for diabetes, and high obesity. However, a strict regulatory framework for diabetic drugs and adverse effects of saxagliptin such as upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, and headache will restrain the market growth. Innovative R&D activities in the field of diabetes therapeutics and growth opportunities in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA will provide growth opportunities for the market growth.
The report segments the global saxagliptin market based on dosage and region. Based on dosage, it is segmented into 2.5 mg tablets and 5 mg tablets. Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players that operate in the market include Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and AstraZeneca plc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading players across various regions.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions has been provided that helps determine prevailing opportunities in these regions.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in the report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which helps in understanding the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis of the market has been conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
Saxagliptin Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Limited, Centaur Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, AstraZeneca plc, Wellona Pharma, Prajna Generics, Hetero Drugs Limited, Jubilant Life Sciences Limited