Scanning Electron Microscope Market Outlook - 2027
A scanning electron microscope (SEM) is a type of electron microscope which generates sample images by scanning the surface with a centered electron beam. The electrons collide with atoms in the sample, generating different signals providing information on the topography of the surface and the composition of the sample. Advances in technology in scanning electron microscopy (SEM) enhance research laboratory quality control procedures in a broad array of industries including the semiconductors, automobiles, and pharmaceutical manufacturing. Electron microscopy scanning plays an important role in the imaging and elemental product analysis. The developed SEMs, however, bring benefits such as quick analysis, compact design and effective results with greater resolution and 3D imagery.
The global scanning electron microscope Market is segmented on the basis of Type, end user, and region. Based on product, the Scanning Electron Microscope Market is divided into Scanning and Transmission, and others. On the basis of end user, the market is categorized into Industrial, Research Institutes, Hospitals, Diagnostic Centers, Blood Banks, and Forensic Labs, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global scanning electron microscope industry include Carl Zeiss (Germany), Danaher (US), Thermo Fisher Scientific (US), Nikon (Japan), Olympus (Japan), Hitachi High-Technologies (Japan), JEOL (Japan), Bruker (US), Advantest Corp. and DELONG INSTRUMENTS AS. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
- COVID-19 has affected the global market in various manners such as by directly impacting production and demand, has created supply chain disruption, and has also financial impact on corporations and financial markets.
- Market Players have adopted various strategies in response to COVID-19 scenario. For instance, In response to the emergency declaration in Japan, Nikon will operate remotely for the time being, with the exception of a part of them working in practice at home, all employees (including associated companies), collaborating to avoid the spread of new coronavirus infections. This will impact the company’s diverse products and services.
- Olympus has set up a global task force to ensure continuity of business and introduce measures to maintain a stable supply of its goods and services to its customers, while retaining the top priority of protecting the health and safety of its staff, healthcare professionals, patients and communities. In response to the declaration of a state of emergency by the Government of Japan, Olympus Corporation and Olympus group companies have instructed workers in all parts of the world to operate from home.
Top impacting factors: Scanning Electron Microscope Market Size, Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The growing emphasis on nanotechnology is an important factor influencing market growth in electron microscope scanning. The growing demands for product miniaturization combined with the increasing consumer demand for smaller and more powerful feasible devices has led to increase in the demand of nanotechnology in several industries. This technology has already been used in various industries, including clothes, fertilizers, tires, and cosmetics. Nanotechnology applications, especially in health diagnostics, allow for fast clinical practice. This further tends to support diagnostic objective of identifying a medical issue in a minimum amount of time.
The global scanning electron microscope market trend are as follows:
Rise in research activities to propel expansion of the market in the field of science and nanotechnology
Major factors such as scanning electron microscope is high in demand for characterizing nano materials at the atomic scale in for many R&D activities, medical devices and among industry verticals, the scanning electron microscope market is also witness a strong development which increases its demand further. The scientists and researchers globally over the years have adopted scanning electron microscope to analyze topography, composition, and naturally occurring materials. This scanning electronic microscopic method has also witnessed penetration in various applications, as it is utilized in many industries, including medical instruments, food processing, standardized production, microelectronics, semiconductors, insurance, and others. Scanning electron microscope, requires high initial funding, is a large-scale device and there is a risk of involving magnetic or vibrational and electrical interference that may hinder the market growth. Nevertheless, automated scanning microscope will emerge as the most promising solution that can provide further improved research findings in the years to come.
Asia-Pacific dominates the global electron microscope scanning market
Asia-Pacific, North America and Europe, is projected to hold the major market share and provide huge potential to the scanning electronic microscope market. The expansion of scanning electron microscope market is due to the increase in its adoption in research and development activities in these regions to progress in scientific studies towards the growth and advancement of medical devices, science, and technology. Furthermore, the electrical characterization of low-dimensional nano material is mainly carried out in the manufacture of products from some of these countries.
In addition, major market developments in electron microscope scanning, includes the growing demand for LVEMs. Unlike general-purpose SEMs, low-voltage electron microscopes (LVEMs) requires a decelerating electron beam system and operate at a lower voltage of less than 25 kilovolts, when compared to the high-voltage electron microscopes (HVEMs) of 100 kilovolts. The factor that advances low voltage operation is that, it could be used as a tabletop or desktop electron microscope and can be kept in any laboratory needing an electron microscope.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global scanning electron microscope industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global scanning electron microscope market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global scanning electron microscope market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global scanning electron microscope market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the scanning electron microscope market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the scanning electron microscope market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the scanning electron microscope market forecast?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Scanning Electron Microscope Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Leica Microsystems, Thermo Fischer Scientific (FEI), Bruker Corp., Nikon Corp., Carl Zeiss, Olympus Corp., JEOL Ltd., Danish Micro Engineering (DME), Hitachi High-Technologies, Nanoscience Instruments, Inc.