Scar dressings are used to heal scars that generally occur after a wound heals. A scar can be formed after a surgical procedure, a traumatic injury, or after burns. Scar formation after surgery can lead to disability and disfigurement.
The global scar dressings market is driven by several factors such as rise in the demand for effective scar treatment, increasing prevalence of skin irritations such as photoaging, sunburns, & skin stiffness due to excessive exposure to UV rays & environmental pollution, and technological advancements to manufacture effective dressings for scar treatment. However, the availability of substitute products and reluctance to adopt advanced products for scar treatment will restrain the market growth. Significant unmet needs in the field of wound care and opportunities in emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA will provide growth opportunities for the market growth.
The report segments the global scar dressings market based on type, size of dressing, application, end user, and region. Based on type, it is segmented into sterile dressings and non-sterile dressings. Based on size of dressing it is segmented into small, medium, and large dressings. Scar dressings find their application to treat surgical scar, traumatic scar, and burn scar. Based on end user, it is divided into hospital and community centers. Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players that operate in the market include Smith & Nephew plc, Medtronic plc, Acelity L.P. Inc., ConvaTec Healthcare B S..r.l., BSN Medical GmbH, Alliqua BioMedical, Inc., Mlnlycke Health Care AB (a subsidiary of INVESTOR AB), Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation, 3M Company, and Coloplast A/S.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading players globally.
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions has been provided that helps determine prevailing opportunities in these regions.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in the report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis of the market has been conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
Scar Dressings Market Key Segments:
- Sterile Dressings
- Non-Sterile Dressings
By Size of Dressing
- Surgical Scar
- Traumatic Scar
- Burn Scar
By End User
- Community Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA