Schizophrenia is a chronic brain disorder affecting the normal brain functions. Major symptoms of schizophrenia include diminished range of expression, negative emotions and thoughts, panic attacks, and depression; however, most of these symptoms can be managed with medication and psychological help.
Growth in geriatric population worldwide, increase in incidence of schizophrenia, change in lifestyle, surge in healthcare expenditure, and increased government funding fuel the growth of the global schizophrenia therapeutics market. However, side effects of schizophrenic drugs and strict regulations for the approval of these drugs are expected to restrain this growth. Factors such as increase in prevalence of schizophrenia, rise in awareness among the patients and physicians, and untapped market potential in developing countries present opportunities for market growth.
The global schizophrenia therapeutics market is segmented on the basis of product, distribution channel, and region. Products analyzed in this report are medications (conventional or typical antipsychotic drugs and atypical antipsychotic drugs) and therapies. On the basis of distribution channel, the market is divided into hospitals, including hospital pharmacies, clinics, retail pharmacies, and rehabilitation centers. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Major companies operating in the global schizophrenia therapeutics market are Eli Lilly and Company, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Johnson & Johnson, Sandoz Canada Inc., Intas Pharmaceuticals, Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., Astrazeneca plc, and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product aids in studying the various types of drugs used for treatment of schizophrenia.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Schizophrenia Therapeutics Market Key Segments:
- Conventional or Typical Antipsychotic Drugs
- Atypical Antipsychotic Drugs
By Distribution Channel
- Rehabilitation Centers
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA