Scissor lift is a motorized vehicle used for moving personnel and equipment to inaccessible places, usually at heights. It is also known as aerial work platform and mobile elevated work platforms. Rapid industrialization has attracted the end users toward the scissor lift market. Its ease in operation is a key advantage. There is no extensive need of training to the workers for using the same. Scissor lift requires very less space for accommodation and can be moved to different locations easily.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut down the production of various products in the scissor lift industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of scissor lift market in 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of scissor lift in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is reviving in 2021.
- The major demand for scissor lift was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and India, which were negatively impacted by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby, declining the demand for scissor lift.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Scissor lift manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses, whereas few players adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Scissor lift manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Scissor lifts attract consumers across the market due to ease in its operation, less space requirement, and ease in movement from one place to another. These are the key factors driving the growth of the market. Rapid industrialization and time saving ability of scissor lift are the factors boosting the market growth. Scissor lifts save the cost of labor, which is required to move the materials from one place to another. It does not emit any hazardous gas or fumes, and produces minimum noise, which maintains a good working environment.
- Construction industry is the major contributor in the market, because of rise in investments in new infrastructures. In addition, reformation of construction industry with public private relationships (PPPs) has also contributed to the market growth in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Due to on-demand warehousing, scissor lifts can be an essential tool for retail storage and warehouse segment.
- Maintenance and service industry is expected to boost scissor lift’s market in future due to its ease in operation.
- Due to adaptation of novel innovations in construction industry in North America, it has contributed majorly to rise in demand for scissor lifts.
- Scissor lift with height of less than 10m dominates the market due to its size compatibility.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the scissor lift market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the scissor lift market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the scissor lift market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the scissor lift market based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Scissor Lift Market Report Highlights
By Engine Type
By Lift Height
By End user
Key Market Players
MEC Aerial Work Platforms, Haulotte Group, Mass Lift (Chennai), Aichi Corporation, JLG Industries, Tech Mech, Technosys Equipments Pvt. Ltd., Linamar Corporation, Sky Autotech, Terex Corporation