Scleroderma is an autoimmune rheumatic disorder that causes chronic hardening and tightening of the skin and connective tissues. The precise cause of Scleroderma is unknown however, it involves overproduction of collagen. It may cause damage to the internal organs such as blood vessels, heart, lungs, stomach, and kidney. The occurrences of scleroderma in women is four times more compared to men. Furthermore, the onset is more frequent between age group of 30 and 50.
Increase in incidences of Scleroderma majorly drives the market growth. Scleroderma is a long-term disease and requires daily dose of drugs. Furthermore, rise in awareness of preventive healthcare and increase in disposable income among the population is anticipated to increase the scleroderma diagnostics and therapeutics market. Furthermore, the stringent government regulations, adverse effects of drugs, high healthcare cost, and diagnostic test of Scleroderma are major barriers for the growth of the market. Ongoing, R&D in the field of Scleroderma diagnosis and therapeutics is anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period.
The market is segmented on the basis of disease type, drugs, diagnosis, and geography. Based on disease type, the market is divided into localized scleroderma and systemic scleroderma. Based on drugs, the market is segmented into corticosteroids, immunosuppressive agents, endothelin receptor antagonists, calcium channel blockers, PDE-5 inhibitors, chelating agents, prostacyclin analogues, and others.
Based on diagnosis, the market is categorized into antibodies test/blood tests, capillaroscopy, cardiac diagnosis, gastrointestinal diagnosis, imaging (CT, MRI), pulmonary diagnosis, skin viscoelasticity, and general. By geography, it is analysed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global scleroderma diagnostics and therapeutics market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Scleroderma Diagnostics And Therapeutics Market Key Segment:
By Disease Type
- Localized Scleroderma
- Linear Scleroderma
- Systemic Scleroderma
- Diffused Scleroderma
- Limited Scleroderma
- Immunosuppressive Agents
- Endothelin Receptor Antagonists
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- PDE-5 Inhibitors
- Chelating Agents
- Prostacyclin Analogues
- Others (H2 Blockers, Proton Pump Inhibitors, Ace Inhibitors, and Others)
- Antibodies Tests/Blood Tests
- Cardiac Diagnosis
- Gastrointestinal Diagnosis
- Imaging (CT and MRI)
- Pulmonary Diagnosis
- Skin Viscoelasticity
- Dubious Diagnostic Tests
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bayer AG
- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc.
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Active Biotech AB
- BioLineRx, Ltd.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company