Scratch-Resistant Glass Market Analysis :
Scratch-resistant glass is mineral or sapphire glass, which is utilized in watch focal lenses, eyeglasses, cell phone displays, and other appliance displays. It has a chemical compound covering that helps resist minor scratches. Scratch-resistant glass has characteristics such as drop protection, high held quality, protection without any scratch and sharp contact harm, predominant surface quality, optical lucidity, and others. Scratch-resistant glass is basically utilized in cell phones, tablets, LCD/LED screens, and vehicles. Cell phones and tablets are the main applications of scratch-resistant glass
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Fewer consumers are spending on electronic gadgets and automotive due to the pandemic and extended lockdown across the globe. This correspondingly decreases the demand for scratch-resistant glasses.
- Additionally, limited production and reduction in material supply may hinder the market growth. Most of the firms utilize old stocks and delay lead time for further replenishment, which are expected to negatively impact the market growth.
- Furthermore, social distancing norms in the mining sector with limited number of workers highly affected the production of scratch-resistant glass.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Sapphire glasses and gorilla glasses in cell phone and tablet applications are probably going to boost the market development over the coming time frame. Rise in growth of tablets in industrial applications is expected to drive the market. Presentation of innovations and items along with upgraded durability of the product expands its interest in the cell phones and tablets section.
On the basis of type, the scratch-resistant glass market has been categorized into chemically reinforced glass and sapphire glass. Chemically reinforced glass is expected to be the fastest-growing segment of the scratch-resistant glass market during the forecast period. This is attributed to its characteristics such as high scratch resistance, better optical clearness, high dimensional stability, and improved effect engrossing qualities. It gives quality and scratch protection for cell phones, tablets, electronic gadgets, and displays. The sapphire glass segment is expected to grow at a moderate pace during the coming years, owing to its utilization in LCD/LED. In addition, increase in utilization of tablets in industrial applications and presentation of new items with improved highlights and expanded sturdiness boost the scratch-resistant glass market. The utilization of scratch-resistant glass in watches and optical windows is expanding in data and diversion gadgets in the car business. Cell phones are the dominant applications of scratch-resistant glass, owing to the appeal for scratch-resistant screens and huge consumer base of cell phone/smart phones. Furthermore, the smart phone consumer base is expected to increase in developing nations. This is anticipated to boost the demand for scratch-resistant glass in the coming years.
Growth and trends of the market
The demand for scratch-resistant glass is driven by phones and high quality TVs in more emerging economies. The expanding selection of trending innovations by cell phone producers is expected to drive the market. The cell phone industry is driven for the most part by developing economies, for example, India, China, and South Korea, due to the increase in disposable income and changes in ways of life.
Based on region, Asia-Pacific is expected to have the dominant share. This is attributed to numerous factors such as a presence of large number of key smart phone manufacturers, availability of raw materials, large consumer base, and others. Moreover, China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and India are some of the major countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the scratch-resistant glass market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the scratch-resistant glass market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the scratch-resistant glass market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the scratch-resistant glass market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Scratch-Resistant Glass Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Asahi India Glass Limited, Thorlabs Inc., Swiss Jewel Company, Saint-Gobain, Schott AG, Crystal Applied Technology Inc., Precision Sapphire Technologies Ltd., Crystallise Technology Inc., Rubicon Technology Inc., Edmund Optics Inc., Nippon Electric Glass Co., Ltd, KYOCERA Corporation, Corning Incorporated, Môn Crystal, Guardian Industries