Scroll compressor is an orbital motion, positive-displacement type compressor that compresses air or refrigerant with the help of two inter-fitting scrolls. Many heat pumps and air conditioning systems employ scroll compressors. They are also used in automotive air conditioning systems and automobile superchargers. Scroll compressors are also used in vacuum pumps. These devices are known for operating more smoothly, quietly, and reliably than conventional compressors. Scroll compressors consist of two inter-fitting, spiral-shaped scrolls. One of the scrolls is fixed while the other is orbiting. Air is trapped through the orbiting scroll and then discharged from the other end after the requisite turns are completed. This means that gas pistons can be eliminated in case of scroll compressors which leads to increased volumetric efficiency. Along with reduced energy costs the noise and vibration are also significantly reduced. Scroll compressors can last longer due to less wear and tear when compared to standard piston compressors with movable parts.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the global scroll compressor industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of global scroll compressor market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Opportunities, Restraints and Impact Analysis
Scroll compressors are popular components for various air-conditioning systems. Thus, aided by the growth in the global air-conditioning market, the global scroll compressors market is also expected to grow. Due to the simple, oil-free design, low maintenance and compact size scroll compressors are finding increasing applications in various industries. Scroll compressors have higher efficiency than normal compressors. This can help reduce consumption of energy. Scroll compressors also have a longer operating life and better reliability owing to fewer moving parts. Also, when a scroll compressor is operated in reverse, it acts as an expander, which increases its implementation scope in various applications. However, the disadvantages of using scroll compressors include the following points. Replacement of elements is difficult and scroll compressors are not easily repairable as they are completely sealed and airtight. Also, the air that is discharged is hotter in comparison to other compressors present in the market. The growth opportunities come from the growing use of air conditioning systems worldwide and the increasing use of superchargers in vehicles.
The global scroll compressor market trends are as follows:
Growth of air conditioning industry
According to data of United Nations (U.N) more than 54% of global population is living in urban areas, which is generating employment opportunities and improving income level of individuals. Due to the aforementioned factors of growing population, urbanisation and increased standard of living of consumers around the world, creating growth opportunities for the global air conditioners market and as a result the global scroll compressors market as well. Moreover, the growing importance of sterile and contaminant free air in healthcare facilities and other industries like the food & beverage and medical & pharmaceutical industries is expected to help the global scroll compressor market grow in the future.
Growth in global automotive industry to help the market grow
The global automotive industry is expected to grow worldwide due to rising income levels of the average customer. Superchargers are commonly used in automobiles to increase the power output of the engine. Automotive superchargers are devices that pressurize air into the engine which helps to increase the net power supplied to the vehicle. Superchargers thus help deliver more power and also improve fuel efficiency as less fuel is consumed. Superchargers The implementation of superchargers in the global automotive sector is expected to increase and grow more popular. Hence, the global scroll compressor market is also expected to grow as the auto sector continues to flourish.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global scroll compressor industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global scroll compressor market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global scroll compressor market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global scroll compressor market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Scroll compressor Market Report Highlights
By Industry Verticals
Key Market Players
Johnson Controls, Panasonic, Hitachi, LG, Daikin, Samsung, Denso, Emerson, Danfoss, Landa, Bitzer