Secure Web Gateway Market Statistics: 2027
In the present cyber threat environment, new tools and methods are required to fight against system viruses and unknown spyware. Secure web gateway provides security solutions against cyber threats. A secure web gateway is a type of security solution that prevents unsecured communication from entering internal network of an organization. It is employed by companies to help their employees from malicious web traffic and virus or malware. Moreover, a secure web gateway offers application controls for web applications, URL filtering, and filtering and detection of malicious code. Data leak prevention characteristics are also essential; hence web gateways are utilized.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The working of many security teams is likely to be reduce owing to the COVID-19 pandemic thereby making detection of malicious activities difficult and responding to these activities even more complicated. Revising patches on systems also act as a challenge if security teams are not operational.
- Organizations must take hands-on steps by advising their staff and customers to be more attentive and cautious, especially while opening links, emails, or documents related to the subject COVID-19.
- Organizations must safeguard their detection and alerting capabilities, while keeping an eye on the impact of having many remote workers.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Rise in number of sophisticated cyber-attacks and increase in need for end-to-end wholistic security products are the major factors that drive the secure web gateway market growth. However, availability of availability of simpler and alternate products is anticipated to hamper the growth of market. Contrarily, rise in adoption of cloud-based security technologies and high need for protection from web-based threats among industries are the key opportunistic factors of the global secure web gateway market.
Increase in number of sophisticated cyber attacks
Internet browsers are the least secure and most convenient medium for transferring malware. Internet browsers also boost the increase in browser-based attacks. Cybercriminals are constantly carrying out innovative attacks such as spear phishing and bogus. These cyber-attacks from money-saver websites exploit employees, owing to inadequate IT. The most important characteristic to be considered for a secure web gateway solution is security. Real-time detection that goes beyond file signatures is an important differentiating factor. Vendors can appeal to a cloud infrastructure that constantly analyzes traffic from different geographical areas through sensors. They can also offer better protection against new and unknown form of malware by immediately updating URL databases and virus definition databases for all customers in real time.
Secure web technology provides protection against threats arising from internet browsing. By using secure web technology, a network is secure as every page viewed is analyzed before being displayed. Application control is a growing requirement as organization tries to decrease costs and enhance performance of business applications. Reporting features for web usage, based on IP level, time frame, user/user group, malware detected, URL categories accessed, are anticipated to offer a comprehensive view on user activity and to quickly identify problems and take measures to mitigate them.
Availability of simpler and alternate products
Secure web gateway is used to monitor and limit suspicious malware traffic and data from entering or exiting network of an organization. This secure web gateway gets network from internet-based threats or malicious threats from Web products or services and websites. In contrast to conventional firewall, secure web gateway incorporates 7-layered traffic inspection. URL filtering, data leakage prevention, detection of malware code, and application-level control are some of the key characteristics of secure web gateway, while traditional firewall provides essential protection by blocking and informing users on malicious attempts to connect. It also allows users to frame a set of rules to control which programs can or cannot access LAN (Local Area Network) and internet and alerts user when a suspicious application tries to make a connection attempt.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global secure web gateway industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the secure web gateway market share.
- The current secure web gateway market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the secure web gateway market.
- The report provides a detailed secure web gateway market analysis based on the present and future competitive intensity of the market.
Secure Web Gateway Market Report Highlights
By Deployment Mode
By Organization Size
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Trend Micro Inc.,, IBM Corporation, Intel Corporation, Cisco Systems Inc, Dell Inc, Check Point Software Technologies, Microsoft Corporation, Blue Coat Systems, Symantec Corporation, Sophos Ltd.