The development of new technologies has also significantly improved the capabilities of these robots. These robots can be deployed on challenging terrains and environments to perform surveillance and other actions based on analytics. The inclusion of different sensors in security robots has improved the capabilities of robots in analyzing their environment and providing more reliable data. This has significantly benefitted their incorporation in military devices. Developments, like K5 by Knight scope Inc., are indicating a potential future scope for security robots. Earlier, these robots had insufficient capabilities; however, with advances in sensor technology and automation capabilities, these robots have been developed to be useful in working applications. The development and improvements of neural network technology have also given these robots the capability to learn over time and improve their functionality.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
Since the COVID-19 virus outbreak, the disease has spread to almost every country around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency. The global impacts of the COVID-19 are already starting to be felt, and will significantly affect the Security and Law Enforcement Robots market. The outbreak of COVID-19 has brought effects on many aspects, like flight cancellations; travel bans and quarantines; restaurants closed; all indoor/outdoor events restricted; over forty countries state of emergency declared; massive slowing of the supply chain; stock market volatility; falling business confidence, growing panic among the population, and uncertainty about future.
Top impacting factor
- Increase in usage of robots in security and surveillance, rising geopolitical instabilities & territorial conflicts, and rise in adoption of autonomous operations are the major factors drives the growth of the security and law enforcement robot market.
- Stringent regulatory environment in different regions, and software failure leading to privacy concerns are the restraints that hindered the growth of the security and law enforcement robot market.
- Increase in defense spending by the developing economies, and increase in adoption of unmanned system solutions by different military and defense forces, are the major factors offering an opportunity for the growth of security and law enforcement robot market.
Increase in Usage of Robots in Security and Surveillance
Robots are being preferred into the surveillance market, to patrol shopping malls, parking lots, college campuses, and other public areas. Surveillance robots are mainly equipped with inertial, GPS, LiDAR, biomimetic, and ultrasound-based range sensors. Owing to the improvements in features and functionalities, they are also equipped with hyperspectral, thermal, and multispectral sensors.
The emergence of hybrid UMV systems is identified as one of the key trends, which is expected to propel the growth prospects. Recent technological advancements in a wide range of sensors and their miniaturization, coupled with the increasing investments in the surveillance robot’s domain, is driving the growth in demand for surveillance robots across the country. For instance, Cornell University researchers formed a team to create an integrated network of diverse robots for security and surveillance. Security and surveillance robots boast of futuristic designs, which enable them to be put into diverse uses. This factor is expected to enable the US security robots market and gain immensely from the rising applications of the technology in the near future.
Increase in adoption of unmanned system solutions
Unmanned aerial vehicles in security robots had the highest market share and is expected that it will be the largest revenue maker in the forecast period. UAVs are being used effectively by various countries around the globe as an effective measure against terrorist activities. UAVs are finding way into the defense forces to perform a plethora of operations such as surveillance, sensor deployment, mine countermeasure, delivery of ammunition, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, explosive ordnance disposal, anti-submarine warfare, and many more. For instance, unmanned guided vehicles are equipped with its own processing resources, sensors, actuators, and drill system which helps in safely and remotely disabling the landmine.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the security and law enforcement robot market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges the security and law enforcement robot market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed security and law enforcement robot market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the security and law enforcement robot market research report:
- Who are the leading players in the security and law enforcement robot market?
- What are the critical challenges faced by manufacturers in the security and law enforcement robot market?
- What are the market trends, driving factor and opportunities involved in this market?
- What are the key segments covered in the security and law enforcement robot market?
- What are the projection for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Security and Law Enforcement Robot Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Super Droid Robots, Northrop Grumman, Boston Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Remotec, Endeavor Robotics, FLIR Systems Inc., Knightscope Inc., SMP Robotics, Cobalt Robotics